Gran Premio Di Napoli 1934-1957 Circuit (WIP payware mod)

Hi everyone!

So for the last couple of years I have been working on several historic Italian tracks that have been overlooked in terms of representation in sims. Most of these tracks played host to many of the legends of the sport: Fangio, Moss, Ascari, Hawthorn and Farina, from a period when each track was unique in its challenge but all were high on danger, with scant regard for safety.

Using photogrammetry and aerial LiDAR data I have painstakingly accumulated the base on which to create the following tracks, all of which are at various stages of completion..

Napoli 1934-57
Pescara 1957 (26km, the longest F1 circuit of all time)
05-jpg.428349

Bari 1947-56
San Remo (Ospedaletti) 1948-51 (2x wins each for Fangio and Ascari)
Castel Fusano/ Ostia 1954
Coppa Perugina (1924-1927)

The first track I will be releasing will be the GP of Naples, 4.1km of challenging corners in the beautiful Posillipo hillside overlooking Vesuvius. It was the scene of Ascari's last ever win before his untimely death in 1955.

So why a pay mod? Well, so far I have spent over 1000 hours on these tracks, money on photogrammetry software, 3D software, books, electricity, visits to tracks. I have dreamt of being able to recreate these tracks in Automobilista and other sims, and it is very rewarding, but at the same time there are parts of the process that are tedious in the extreme and a huge time sink. By charging a small amount for the track and hopefully generating a modest income for the time spent and money invested, it will hopefully make the whole project financially worthwhile, and infinitely more likely that I will be able to finish these tracks in the future, because otherwise the chances are zero, unless I win the lottery and never have to work again.
The tracks will be fairly priced compared to some DLCs for other titles, I've yet to decide pricing, but it will probably be around 3 GBP for the AMS (or other sim) download, or 5 GBP will get you the rF2 and Assetto Corsa variants thrown in as well (for those of you that play more than one sim)

The AMS version features 18 grid spots, night racing support, and very challenging AI.

That's enough talking, now for some video/screenshots (sorry for the quality) .. I'll update the thread when the track is ready for purchase :)

t1.png

As someone who attempted to learn to make a track, and after some time, with the cost of the softwares etc, lack of understanding in vital areas, abandoned it, so i can absolutely appreciate and encourage your work. I have a look here on the forums every now and then, and i hope you'll see the project to completion and as others will i'll happily purchase it when you do.

I actually prefer historic tracks, and cars, there's so much more to sim racing than just racing, as there are plenty of 'moments' that are overlooked that aren't at all represented, as the industry is still IMO overly corporate in its limitations.

Last edited:
As someone who attempted to learn to make a track, and after some time, with the cost of the softwares etc, lack of understanding in vital areas, abandoned it, so i can absolutely appreciate and encourage your work. I have a look here on the forums every now and then, and i hope you'll see the project to completion and as others will i'll happily purchase it when you do.

I actually prefer historic tracks, and cars, there's so much more to sim racing than just racing, as there are plenty of 'moments' that are overlooked that aren't at all represented, as the industry is still IMO overly corporate in its limitations.

Thanks for your kind comment! Rest assured that the track is fully working and virtually completed in AMS - but for a few tweaks. I'm currently working on the other versions of it for AC and rF2.

Nice to find others who are equally keen on historic tracks, and i agree about there being more to sim racing than racing, the chance to recreate and experience long-gone circuits and cars from the past is something really special! :cool:

Great work.

I always end up favouring historics - yeah, Gt3 on perfect modern courses is also fun, but getting an historic car (or even an Ultima road) around historic tracks well and mastering the line and car control for me is where it begins to flow and theres nice satisfaction. Multiclass historic racing vs modern but slow small cars is also fun, i end up spectating and enjoying as if it was a real bonanza race, sometimes leading me to research the real tracks history, cars etc, ...really nice hobby.

Just purchased this - it's amazing work. Hopefully you and others can keep the modding scene for AMS 1 going. Beautiful track, great flow and the level of concentration needed to put in a good lap is like nothing I've had in the other AMS 1 tracks. It's a fast paced roller coaster of a track.
Seconded. AMS1 is still the best imo. Not just compared to second gen but also to other first gen (sorry AC fans).

I've actually been trying to collect all the F1 tracks ever. Very difficult for old tracks on AMS1. So Pescara would be amazing. Downloaded this also though.

Last edited:
Sorry late to the party ! I purchased this track over a year ago, cost about 5 bucks aussie and was well worth it as I have driven many hours on it mostly historic cars and my favorites are Sergio Lore Formula Junior and Bazza's GPL 1500 cars. The ai can go a bit nuts at times but it is super fun !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%