Featured gRally Released to Steam Early Access

Discussion in 'gRally' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 21, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +14,684

The wait is finally over - gRally released to Steam Early Access earlier today.

The latest rally title to hit PC sim racers, gRally is not a high budget AAA simulation with official licences and 1:1 scanned reproduction of the various stages of the World Rally Championship, but is rather a long lasting labour of love by a group of passionate rally fans who cut their teeth building community created add on content for the legendary Richard Burns rally title from the early 2000's.

Having been around in the shadows for many years now, ghiboz has finally brought this interesting title to Early Access in Steam, and is selling the software for the ridiculous price of £2.89!

gRally Steam Early Access 2.jpg

So what will the simulation feature?

gRally is an Indie project born of the passion of the rbr-online team crew.
    With its slogan #DreamExperienceBelieve the team has put full faith in this product, the fruit of hard work in free time, wich it now offers to entire community of rally simmers.

gRally is not in a position to have official licenses at the moment and its starting point is a limited number of racing cars.

gRally, considered its Indie character, is modding-oriented. We developed integrated Unity tools that will facilitate the insertion of your creations, whether it be additional cars or tracks.

gRally has the same basic ideas of rbr-online, so expect exceptional doses of adrenaline during online session where one can compete against a host of players around the world.

gRally is abreast with all new gaming hardware: VR, TrackIR and multiscreen. It is possible to use the most popular brands of steering wheels and a vast number of home-made hardware devices.

gRally recreates the range of real rally conditions that drivers must face, including various type of surface and climate as well as different times of day and night.

gRally places much importance on the co-driver's role: you can choose different codrivers by language and as in a real rally it will be possible to realize real recce to set down customized pacenotes in order to achieve a higher degree of driving confidence and speed.

gRally is constantly evolving and has need of your support to improve ever more day by day.

Looks like a promising project, and could well fill that simulation gap many rally fans have been waiting for following the disappointment of DiRT 4 last year.

Check out the gRally Steam Store page for more information.

gRally Steam Early Access 3.jpg gRally Steam Early Access 1.jpg

gRally is available to purchase on Steam Early Access for PC right now.

You can find all the latest news and discussions regarding this new sim in our dedicated gRally Sub Forum right here at RaceDepartment. If and when the game receives 'greenlight' status head back over for racing events and mod downloads too!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new sim yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. mrbungle83

mrbungle83

Ratings:
    +53
    £2.89 thats 1 beer in a cheapish place in the uk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +14,684
    You show me where you can get a pint for £2.89 here and I'll come over and buy you one! :D

I still remember when a pint of larger cost £1.20 and smooth was £1.30. Man those days feel like yesterday. Costs that much for a bloody sodawater and lime now.

#refusetobelievethingschange
    #drinkingathomewinseverytime
    #toooldtoberelevent

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. farjam

farjam

Ratings:
    +69
    also here is $2.42 lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Avo77

Avo77

Ratings:
    +47
    At the moment it’s not even worth 3€...

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. mrbungle83

mrbungle83

Ratings:
    +53
    Spoonz m8!

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Paul Blythe

Paul Blythe

Ratings:
    +115
    Tried it, refunded it...

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +524
    Cutlers Arms on Westgate in Rotherham. Pint of Chantry Pale Ale = £2.50

Most Wetherspoons boozers do pints for well under £2.89 too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  9. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,687
    I wanted to say that you certainly get what you pay for with this game, but honestly, I'm not so sure. You might be overpaying a bit... It's rough. Very rough. Possibly even rougher than I expected. I've yet to find some kind of setting to run the forest stage at anything lower than 99 % GPU utilization (on a GTX 970 with an OC i5 2500k) and that's with graphics options turned way down (which means it looks like nothing what the screenshots above show), and still it stutters and lags a lot and struggles to reach 60 fps. Other stages are better, but it still stutters a lot at random. Also, the lack of FOV and seat adjustments make it almost unplayable for me.

Then again, it was only 4 euro, so I guess...

(As for the beer discussion, you guys would probably love it here. A pint for 75p and close to 150 litres of beer per capita per year tells you everything you ever needed to know about this country...)

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    • Beer Beer x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. General_Failure

General_Failure

Ratings:
    +8
    Price is according to what you receive. It could be nice to play it on mobile at traffic lights.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Nick Gregory

Nick Gregory
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +556
    After what I saw in William Marsh's stream recently, this isn't even worth anything near the asking price.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  12. melanieuk

melanieuk
    Banned

Ratings:
    +168
    This Tech demo should come with a Health warning.
    'Users of this software may incur injury's, such as broken fingers as the steering wheel might have a life of its own, and take your fingers off.

I hope they are prepared for the backslash of negative reviews for this title, it should never be titled version 1.0.0.1

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Austin Ogonoski

Austin Ogonoski

Ratings:
    +352
    Perfectly fine for a student project.

The fact that the dev team has been pushing this as the "successor" to RBR since 2011 is just sad.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,687
    Okay, I've found the FOV and seat adjustments, done a few more attempts...and I'm actually starting to like it. I mean it has tons of issues, the worst one being performance, but it has potential (provided it won't take another 8 years to show it). I'll post a sort of first look (unedited, more like an improvised stream) on my channel soon.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Gonna pass on this but on the beer
    I remember the pain of a pint of lager going up from 1 shilling to 1.3d. for younger viewers that's 5p to 6p:D

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Stnry

Stnry
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    We pay around 2€ here in Germany :p

17. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +186
    I must say i'm surprised at the negativity leveled at this work in progress title. However. It has made some rather large claims for itself and it isn't coming close to living up to those claims.

Someone said that they are surprised that it's v1.0.0.1 i'm in complete agreement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Benjamin Kronaveter

Benjamin Kronaveter

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +14,684
    Ha! Been a loooong time since I've been to Rotherham on a night out! Used to be the place to go on a Monday night back in my yoooooth

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. Conrad Miller

Conrad Miller

Ratings:
    +60
    Love the sound. Reminds me of AC.

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1