I dont want to sound disrespectful or something Alberto but all we have seen in this thread so far are links to twitter, facebook and fora but never anything related to the game :)

313590_2590106682526_1550384703_32623722_1393983761_n.jpg

310153_2590107082536_1550384703_32623723_812397902_n.jpg

at the moment is WIP but works great and we have still door to improve

It looks very promising. Good luck with this project :)

3000hz? From this I have some doubts that physics engine is good enought! I think that proper, complex, detailed engine should work far slower! Waiting details about physics engine and tyres model!
No... it all depends ;)

By the way Live for Speed is rated with 2000 Hz ("tire rotation" according to Scawen - other things 100 Hz), Test Drive Unlimited for 1000 Hz (Havoc collision detection - other lower dunno how much)

Both run on older hardware without problems. And LfS's core physics is quite good (even TDU (not TDU 2 ;) ) isn't that bad for that kinda open world racing/driving game)

The core tick rate can still be, say, 500 (which would be 1/6 of 3000) . And according to some that's more then enough for core parts of vehicle dynamics.

Hi Alberto. I just found out about gRally thanks to RaceDepartment, and I see a lot of potential in it already! I see that you say "we're working to give you the best rally sim ever seen", and I can see that by the amazing progress, but I'm a bit confused about lack of general info about it (at least I can't find much). So if you don't mind, I'd like to ask few more-less technical questions:

1. What engine is it using? As you say it's your proprietary engine, is it completely scratch built? Is it using another physics or graphics engines?

2. Multiplayer only, or will it include single player?

3. Will multiplayer be handled similar to what RBR online is? Will it have an ability to have realistic time control with drivers starting in sequence?

4. How open for modding will it be? Since it is "proprietary" as you say, I assume it is not open source. So is it similar to what rFactor is? (Completely modifiable except the core executable)

5. Are you intending to publish very little content and let the modding community do the rest? Or create lots of content too? How much?

6. How different will physics be from RBR?

7. Will it have built in weather system?

8. Day and night cycle?

9. Will surfaces include just gravel and tarmac, or will there be snow as well? Will there be any advanced surface features such as interpolation between surfaces by amount of water, or by different grain sizes (sand > gravel > boulders), or by surface models (abrasive/adhesive/compound)?

10 Will surfaces be configurable (scriptable) for each track (like .tdf system in rFactor) or preset by developers (like the rbr system)?

11. Will surfaces degrade (or improve) by driving after someone?

12. Will it support only point to point (path following) racing, or will some open maps, Dakar-esque rally raids be possible?

13. What directX will the graphics support?

14. What graphic rendering capabilities will it have? Fresnel reflections, real time cube maps (reflections), what type of shadow rendering?

15. Postprocess effects? Motion blur, dof, tone mapping?

16. Particle effects/tire smoke and dirt. Will it be configurable? Possible to create some complex models with multiple and animated particle textures?

17. Sound engine: synth or sample based? Anything revolutionary planned there?

18. I read somewhere gps data will be able to be imported. Similar to BTB .kml import? Will it be possible for vegetation/trackside objects to be automatically generated and driven right away in-game?

19. Random procedural track generation?

20 How will it be distributed/sold?

21. Pro version for professionals?

a... "few" questions =) you can already see how interested I am.. and I hope I'll get at least one answer =)

o God they are a lot of questions to answer...the game is modding friendly (completly). the physics engine is builded from scratch, so is completly different from RBR (and WAY BETTER). graphics will have post process effects and our goal is to use dx11. day/night cicle, weather for sure (didn't know yet if they will be all available in the first realese, depends on the development status). the rest of the questions.....SPOILERS ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back