i start saying that you'll recive more news quite soon.
the DEV TEAM is doing big steps forward and SIMRACING WORLD will not be the same...i assure you !!!
i leave you with a word that describes GRALLY pretty well.....LIMITLESS (not the movie)
stay tuned !!!!!!!!!!!

gRally???

with a little google work i found out that gRally is made by RBRonline.it team. And it's developed from scratch. So they are familiar with RBR, let's hope they make their game just as realistic as RBR!!!

I am a C/C++ developer.. If any help would be needed please contact me via e-mail vphbbqat@lykamspam.pl (it is an antispam thing, it is a good e-mail account). You can also reach me on E-Rajdy.pl (I have done that copilot mod for RBR, which is also described a bit on rbrplus.blog.cz).

a quick update about the development status: the team is completing the first pack for the alpha version.
at the moment we can't show you anything but as soon as we are ready, the team will present some interesting features of GRALLY ;)

P.S. please take in consideration that the team is working on the title in spare time.....so be patient ;)
thank you for your support !!

Can you please provide some details on the physics engine? How are you modelling/planning to model tyres? Pacejka, some other model based on FEM?
Can you tell me in what language are you writing that? C, C++ or some .NET? Which graphics technology (OGL or DX)?
I am very curious as a developer.
Anyhow, if an extra hand would be needed - do not hesitate to contact me, I really can be a lot of assistance (esp. network stuff) and have a bunch of spare time... ;)

after a big update ( 90 files modified! ) the gRally physics engine can run at 3000hz!!
stay tuned for further news ;)
3000hz? From this I have some doubts that physics engine is good enought! I think that proper, complex, detailed engine should work far slower! Waiting details about physics engine and tyres model!

3000hz? From this I have some doubts that physics engine is good enought! I think that proper, complex, detailed engine should work far slower! Waiting details about physics engine and tyres model!

I am not sure you can base anything at all from the info that the physics engine runs at 3KHz...

On a 3GHz proc, that is one update every *million* clock cycles. It is a really strange claim tho tho be honest, the amount of operations per second a piece of software can do varies wildly from platform to platform.

well, consider that the development of gRally is at the first step: a car that is driveable over a track: actually the physics engine manage the collision of the 4 wheels over the track, the track is quite good, the tires are at a first embrional state...
the big frequency is a good hope for the future, 'cause at this state was 300 hz, adding all the things will be undrivable...

see ya!

Can we have a physics demonstration video?

Also, would be awesome if you guys had a blog or something, your twitter doesn't update as often to be informative.

(SCS Software has an popular blog: blog.scssoft.com)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 83 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.2%