GPLM - Part VIII : The Superstars Era (2010-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never paid attention to this but indeed there could be some interesting stats :thumbsup:
Mansell's Sveltezza or Hill's Laskey also lasted pretty long. Who remembers "not playing" for two weeks ^^ ? Or just sending me "keep this car" over and over :D
I did that often enough, but only the 22 was anywhere near that successfull.

DTKs Schumacher years should be the strongest. Perfect seasons. I just dont know if the car was changed somewhere in between.

I checked my own personal stats for Ram F1 and came up with the following, in case you're interested. I've always thought I was pretty average at this game, but I've had a few impressive cars, apparently.

Ram F1 TL-80
3 seasons, 9 wins, 22 podiums, 254 points, 2 WDC, 1 WCC

Ram F1 TL-99
3-1/3 seasons, 7 wins, 18 podiums, 221 points, 1 WDC, 1 WCC

tenor.gif

I've had a delve through the DTK records and have some pretty dominant cars.

DTK-20 (2001-2004)
9 wins
12 Podiums
194 Points
2 Drivers Championship
1 Constructors Championship

DTK-19 (1998-2001)
17 wins
30 Podiums
324 Points
1 Drivers Championship
2 Constructors Championship

DTK-21 (2004-2007)
21 wins
35 Podiums
333 Points
2 Drivers Championship (Consecutive clean win seasons by Schumacher)

Last edited:
Never paid attention to this but indeed there could be some interesting stats :thumbsup:
Mansell's Sveltezza or Hill's Laskey also lasted pretty long. Who remembers "not playing" for two weeks ^^ ? Or just sending me "keep this car" over and over :D
I wish I was still doing that now, it'd be nice just winning by default again lol

DTK-21 (2004-2007)
21 wins
35 Podiums
333 Points
2 Drivers Championship (Consecutive clean win seasons by Schumacher)

:confused:

I was also thinking of this : Would you guys (I mean each of you, and if you'd like) elect YOUR "Top 3 drivers of all time" for your own team. For DTK Racing, Schumacher seems to be the n°1 by far, but who are the drivers that really achieve something special for everyone's team ?

:confused:

I was also thinking of this : Would you guys (I mean each of you, and if you'd like) elect YOUR "Top 3 drivers of all time" for your own team. For DTK Racing, Schumacher seems to be the n°1 by far, but who are the drivers that really achieve something special for everyone's team ?
Easy. Vettel, Bellof, Von Trips

-

I rate drivers titles higher than the constructors title - at least for the driver rating.

These have one a WDC-title:
Vettel
6 titles (2x WDC, 4x WCC)
Bellof 4 titles (1x WDC, 3x WCC)
Von Trips 3 titles (1x WDC, 2x WCC)
Brooks 3 titles (1x WDC, 2x WCC)
Räikkönen 2 titles (1x WDC, 1x WCC)
Ascari 2 titles (1x WDC, 1x WCC)
Senna 1 title (1x WDC)
Cevert 1 title (1x WDC)

The three most successfull drivers were also the only german drivers winning the WDC for my team. So there you have it. Vettel, Bellof, Von Trips. The name speak for themselves.

These driver have won "just" WDC titles:
Ricciardo 2 titles (2x WCC)
Arnoux 2 titles (2x WCC)
Sutil 1 title (1x WCC)
Massa 1 title (1x WCC)
De Angelis 1 title (1x WCC)
Moss 1 title (1x WCC)

And these are the drivers with some bonus sympathy points, cause they all stayed longer than 4 seasons and therefore really made an impact. Notable: Only two drivers of this list didnt win a title with the team, Rindt and Clark. Vettel stayed for over a decade. Vettel, Bellof and von Trips all stayed longer than 4 seasons, so... yeah.

11 seasons in a row: Vettel
8 seasons in a row: Ascari
8 seasons in a row: Bellof
8 seasons in a row: Senna
8 seasons in a row: Raikkönen
8 seasons in 2 stints: Rindt
8 seasons in 2 stints: Clark
5 seasons in 2 stints: Von Trips
5 seasons in 2 stints: De Angelis

Last edited:
7 years with Jim Clark. Not a single title. How the hell have you achieve such a record :roflmao: ?
I satnd corrected, it was 8 years, too. He was a bit unlucky with his cars and with the timing.

At his first stint he was at his prime and joined right after Von Trips title. Meaning: Car is on the decline after that. Still he managed two podiums and a win in his first four races. Finished 7th, teammate Bonnier was 14th.
In the second season the car was even worse to prepare it for the third season. 2nd season only 1 podium in the last race, finishing 12th while teammate Bonnier was last as the only driver without points.

Third season was great, second half of the season was dominated by Clark. At the first half the car wasnt good enough. 3 wins and 3 more podiums. Finished 3rd while teammate Siffert was 9th with only one podium. Surtees and Hill dominated and were too strong. 11 points behind.

Sadly the fourth season was already bad again, but Clark had beaten Von Trips as teammate this time. Clearly.

In 1970 there was his comeback, again 3rd in the standings behind Rindt and Hill. 7 points behind. 3 wins, 4 podiums. For 1970 til 1974 his teammate was Cevert. He beat him in 70 and 71 and lost against him in 72 and 73. Too old. In 73 Cevert won the title .
In the WCC they came 3rd, just 4 points behind P1. Just a shame.

8 wins, 23 podiums. Not too bad, especially with these shitboxes.

Schumacher, Brabham and Hakkinen spring to mind for DTK's legends

It's a real shame that Hamilton joined the team just as DTK's performance nosedived. We got close to a few titles, but never had a car good enough to carry us to them.

Last edited:
Schumacher, Brabham and Hakkinen spring to mind for DTK's legends

It's a real shame that Hamilton joined the team just as DTK's performance nosedived. We got close to a few titles, but never had a car good enough to carry us to them.
What is fun is that when Ostwest grabbed Schumacher, I was saying to myself "well a full white decade will happen" But in the end he became a legend with you, DTK !
And the same thing happened with Hamilton, when you took him I was almost sure you would keep him until the end, making him a legend.. but he went to BMR and then he became the real king Lewis ^^

My best driver hands-down has been Juan Pablo Montoya (2001-09). 9 consecutive seasons with 2 WDC, including his rookie season, plus a further P2. He also did it during the dominating DTK-Schumacher lineup. In only 3 of those 9 seasons did JP not manage to get at least one race victory. Teammate Jarno Trulli in 2001 helped Ram F1 to its most dominant WCC in team history, beating Ostwest by 39 points.

My second driver is Gilles Villeneuve (1982-85). Though he spent only 4 seasons with the team, he managed a WDC and a P2. He is also the only driver to have contributed to 2 Ram F1 WCC titles.

My third driver will be Grant Hill (1958-65, 201pts, P2 WDC). Not a superb career given the car he had to deal with, but lasting 8 seasons does say something about his loyalty.

I'd like to give an honorable mention to two more recent drivers. Sergio Perez (2012-17) gave me 6 hard-fought seasons and shared the WCC with Valtteri Bottas in 2017. He played a great supporting role to the beginning of Bottas' career. Also need to mention the one season with Max Verstappen (2018), scoring P2 in WDC with 63 points. Max got his first win with the team in Australia, and his second in France, I see only great things coming from this kid for the next few years.

Last edited:
uk8rCD5.png

2019 World Grand Prix Season (1-4)
3mAavnN.png
zp4bD71.png
vBiIV00.png
ktp75v0.png
omKX7pi.png

Setup Window is now open for 48h :thumbsup: !

For me, the standout driver is obviously Lewis Hamilton. He joined just as his peak began, and as I finally found a run of fantastic form. 2nd on the all time list, and he managed to snatch the 2017 title that I didn't think was possible. The next best is Fernando Alonso, who was around when we began our run at the end of the 2000s. He joined the team when Schumacher was still dominant, and helped achieve the results we needed to build up. 3rd on the list for me is Denny Hulme, who along with Amon began to constantly pick up the results in the 60s, and picked up the first double title for BMR.

x6Omj0q.png

2019 World Grand Prix Season (5-8)
sIs1Zx4.png
H5etISc.png
wKAfWeL.png
IsbFCaI.png
p54mpc2.png

Setup Window is now open for 48h :thumbsup: !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%