GPLM - Part VI : A New Generation (1990-99)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5zJdlrx.png

1999 World Grand Prix Season (9-12)
N13eHWp.png
03YJs56.png
1k02CpH.png
8Awi3pc.png
8vwqf26.png

The 1999 season is over ! Congratulations to the winners !

Off season instructions will follow...

ReKZtkL.png

The 90's have come to an end. The overall results were still pretty balanced between each team, and much more with the drivers. Let's vote folks for the best team and the best driver of the decade :thumbsup:

VjOfYHJ.png
POOJF01.png

This is hard one, I give advantage to Laskey and DTK since they took one constructor without real top driver (Berger, Brundle were 1st drivers). Vote goes to Laskey since he had few years more without top driver.

As for drivers, I would give it to Senna because of 97. He was at the end of career and managed to be close to Mika and Hill.

TBH I didn't even realise I'd done well enough to be considered for the team of the decade. I may have won the Constructors title twice, but I only won the Drivers once.

I would like to vote for double champion Mansell, but it looks like I'll have to settle for Laskey and Hill.

Yeah, difficult. Manselö was impressive, too. Everyone had upd and downs bug ultinately, Mika was at the top more often and in the last seasons he was xlosely in front of Damon.

Mika. Laskey

@rubaru can make the difference. 4 votes for Mika, 3 for Damon, 1 for Ayrton. If there's a tie, I'll let the stats talk.

By the way, I was thinking of voting for.. the WORST team and Driver of the decade :D it could be fun ^^

EliyzT7.png

What a strange decade it was !

Very tight, there was no dominant team or no dominant driver but Laskey Grand Prix Engineering was the one that we should remember. WCC with Berger and Nakajima in 1991 while there was still Prost, Senna, Mansell plus the new generation of drivers such as Hakkinen Hill or Schumacher : what a performance !

About the drivers, the battle was tight too and Häkkinen was certainly the most consistent through the 90's. Almost always up here, he lost the title several times for a couple of points. He finally managed to win the championship at the very end of the century with a huge season, winning almost every race.

@The_Laskinator @Jimlaad43 @Sasha Jednak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years