GPL Spa 1967 for AC - Does it exist?

Hi, I've looked everywhere, and tried the 1966 (rfactor converted?) version with the wonky kemmel straight, but has anyone seen a conversion of the original GPL version of Spa? Its one of my all-time fave tracks, and I'm sure I read somewhere its possible to convert GPL tracks to AC. Not fussed about updated graphics or anything, it could literally be in early 90's graphics and I'd be happy. If it does exist, can anyone point me to it? Ta v much for any help

I thought the 1966 looked pretty good. If I recall(and lately that doesn't work as well as it used to) the GPL version was good but wasn't really that accurate. There was a later version that supposedly fixed some things, especially road heights.
Plus we really need all the 67 F1 cars, basically we have I think the Lotus and Ferrari, plus I thought there was a Matra in there too, but I think that was a 1971.
1967 really was a fantastic year with many different looking and sounding cars. Not sure If any of the mods out at present really put them in the best light.
Spa back then was just a fantastic blend of tricky high speed corners and all out blasts as fast as the car would go. I also think it wasn't very wide either, there was no extra track runoff or sand traps to slow you down, mostly just very close to the track trees, spectators and houses.

Wonky Kemmel is accurate for '60s though, as it was straightened out only in the '70s :D.

GPL's Spa, next to Kyalami, was the least accurate of default tracks. That's why the 100% scratch built version based on John Basara's mesh was built eventually for GPL, and that's why rF2's rendition was very much welcomed and became a popular subject of recent, illegal rips. I understand you might consider the first GPL's version cool in its own way, but I'm afraid you'll struggle to find anyone sharing this sentiment and willing to get back to that exciting, but hopelessly inaccurate layout.

It was, however, converted from GPL to all ISI-based platforms of mid-2000s and I'm sure it's much easier to re-convert it further from rF or GTR2 or GTL to AC. I would consider checking out this possibility and do it yourself If I were you.

i don't think rF2 got the masta kink right...i'm not sure how they could've got it so wrong, though. but to my memory it required dropping a gear in the bt20. in pC2 it's probably an easy flat (haven't tried for some months there, & the tires were far too sticky). not saying the latter is correct, but it's certainly very, very different & i have reservations for both.

really wish kunos would've created spa '67 with the scan data.

The Spa version floating around (I guess that's the rf2 rip) sadly lacks a proper road mesh. It features some bumps now and then, but there are long stretches of road where there seems to be no road mesh at all.

I hope for the best!
A historic Spa from Kunos is not going to happen, so the ripped version from that reboot project is our best bet, (at least I don't know of another historic spa for AC) and this guy is definitely putting effort in it too:thumbsup:

Hi,

As a Grand Prix Legend fan, I really would like more content on the 1966 year.

I remember when Kunos team was at Spa for the laserscan, they Posted on their social media some pictures of Aris and a guy from the track looking a map from the old track, and they posted to some old pictures of the old track.

I thought at this moment that we were close from an historic content but .....

I think the team appreciate GPL to but they managed priority at the beginning of their project as a small team had to do.

One day perhaps we will have what we are waiting for ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back