GPL fanatic here, Is there a 67 F1 Mod thats good ?

the F1 Classic 1967 Legends V1.4 by bazza for AC comes with tyremodell 10, nice sounds and nice GPL-like feeling... I love this mod... found it in youtube...

I’ve been playing with these cars the past 3 or 4 days. I have no idea if they are accurate or not, but they are kind of slow even at 100%.

The only historic track I’ve found that has an even 1/2 way acceptable AI line is Kunos’ Silverstone. There are some that look fantastic (Thomson Road!) but the AI is just garbage driving on them.

I'll have to go look for that one!

FWIW, they also work quite well around Brands Hatch. I'm not sure the circuit represented by the game has changed substantially from the 1960s aside from looks.

Things I've tried that were pretty much fail: Historic spa, Thomson Road, Monza 66 (road and full), Riverside, Historic Zolder.

I get the impression that making a good AI line is possible but probably not very easy. Or maybe a lot of these tracks got made using the older AI and haven't been updated?

Sometimes the track just isn't suitable for certain types of cars, I think. For example, Thomson Road has The Hump on the main straight which prevents many of the faster cars from being used there successfully. I think the fastest cars used there during the '70s were like F2 cars (Formula Libre).

But you are correct, TR was made and released just before the AI changes and I haven't got round to updating the AI spline yet - maybe that will help.

I have found that the Monaco 1966 mod track and the Spa 1966 mod track (not sure if legit conversions) have recently been updated on the ac reboot website. I tried Monaco 1966 for a couple of laps in the Ferrari and wow finally it's nice to drive around, it used to be bumpy as hell. Great news to me, I always loved Monaco in GPL. I haven't tried Spa yet but I am happy there is something. On the same website there is also Kyalami 1967. Google ac track reboot and you should find the place.

Another note is that I saw a couple of new leagues based on 1967 F1 cars, the NAGP Monday league in the Ferrari and the Raceconnect F1 1967 championship (Lotus and Ferrari). Glad that things are moving.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years