GPL career mod; track question

Hello all!
When I get to the Silverstone race (GPL mod), it wont load the track.
I have it, but it is labeled ks_Silverstone 1967....
do I have to rename it to match the name as shown in the Event file? (without the ks?)
I noticed that Monza was the current track, it did not use the ks_Monza 66 track either...

Thank you in advance!!
Loving the GPL mod, although I run wayyy at the back of the pack! :(
Tom W.

As you posted in the support thread of the only GPL carreer on RaceDepartment, I guess you drive that one? If so, that carreer is over three years old, I don't think Kunos Silverstone 67 nor Monza 66 existed back then and there was never an update to the carreer mod. I could be wrong about Monza 66 though. I'd hazard a guess that the tracks used are not the Kunos ones but mod tracks.

Thanks for your quick reply!
Do you think if I copied a ks track, but renamed it, according to the event file in the career,
it would then be found by the mod? would there be more to than just re-naming it?
When I did Longford_67, I accidentally put the name in wrong, and it did not work...until I
corrected my mistake... Thanks again... this is the first mod I have added to AC... lots of great stuff
to add...
Tom W.

I don't think renaming the track would work. What you could do, if you wanted, is to recreate the carreer as a custom championship in Assetto Corsa. I did that wth a handful of old carreer mods. That way you could add in the Kunos Silverstone 67 and Monza 66 tracks and you could also add the Ferrari 312/67 if you own the Ferrari DLC and rebalance the AI strength :)

I opened the event file, and changed the track name to match the preferred track name, and confirm that it was written exactly how the track is named...to my surprise, it worked! The event file was looking for something different...
As usual, with messing with files, even at this first simple level, my fingers were crossed as it loaded up...
with positive results...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years