GPL and Thrustmaster PC-Racer

newbert

500RPM
Premium
Feb 17, 2018
Just got myself a new wheel (Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer) and thought that I'd jump back into Grand Prix Legends (GPL) after a L-O-N-G time away from it.

Got the buttons and shifting configured but the forces on this thing are several times stronger than the old Momo Wheel I used to use with GPL back in the day.

Other than having to dive into the Thrustmaster Controller app to lower the overall wheel strength each time I want to run GPL, is there another way to reduce the overall wheel forces from within GPL? I seem to recall that it was possible to edit some .ini file to sort of "set it and forget it".

Thanks!
Bert

north

100RPM
Aug 2, 2007
There is a file called Core.ini. Check for Max Steering Torque. Numbers might be inverted so higher number equals less max force if I remember correctly.
It can also be adjusted from within GEM+ if you use that.

newbert

500RPM
Premium
Feb 17, 2018
There is a file called Core.ini. Check for Max Steering Torque. Numbers might be inverted so higher number equals less max force if I remember correctly.
It can also be adjusted from within GEM+ if you use that.
Will do. Thanks!

EDIT: FWIW - The value for Max Steering Force had to be raised (almost doubled for my taste)!

Last edited: