GPL-1967 Career mode (for the GPL-1967 mod)

Career GPL-1967 Career mode (for the GPL-1967 mod) 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
forkie1 submitted a new resource:

GPL-1967 Career mode (for the GPL-1967 mod) - A career mode closely mimicking the 1967 Formula 1 Grand Prix Season.

After getting the brilliant "GPL-MOD 1967" and getting hooked on classic F1, I went looking for a career mod that mimicked the '67 GP season, but couldn't find any.
Perhaps not a sought after thing in the Assetto Corsa community, but I sat down and made my own career GP for it, and I thought I might as well share it for anyone who might be in the same boat as me.

Links to all the tracks needed for this are in the included instructions.

You'll be driving the Lotus 49.

Mosport Park is only...

Read more about this resource...

In the installation instructions it tells us to do this...……….
Copy the "content" folder inside the "AI fixes" folder to the main AC folder.
These fixes are for Monaco and Spa, which I noticed had some AI issues.
I've corrected them to the best of my ability. AI will probably still crash,
but to a much lesser degree.
My ac folder already has a "content" folder in there from some previous installations. What should I do with this contents folder? ( I'm new at this so please have patience )

In the installation instructions it tells us to do this...……….
Copy the "content" folder inside the "AI fixes" folder to the main AC folder.
These fixes are for Monaco and Spa, which I noticed had some AI issues.
I've corrected them to the best of my ability. AI will probably still crash,
but to a much lesser degree.
My ac folder already has a "content" folder in there from some previous installations. What should I do with this contents folder? ( I'm new at this so please have patience )
Oh, no problem. Make sure you have all the tracks installed first. Then when you copy the "content" folder from my mod into your AC folder, it'll ask if you want to overwrite the existing "content" folder.

Clicking yes only overwrites the AI files inside the Monaco and Spa tracks, it doesn't change anything else about the existing "content" folder, it only adds to it. Click yes on anything it asks you to overwrite.

This is just to make it simpler to add those files, rather than to go into each track folder to replace the files individually.

It's how the "content" folders inside the "10 AI opponents" and "16 AI opponents" work as well. They only add the career mode itself.

Yes. See on this image, there's a small button with a circle of arrows inside it that's glowing red? In your game, click on that one, and it'll restart the series.
It won't be glowing red, I only did that to highlight the button in this image.
I hope that helped.
Desktop-Screenshot-2020-08-01-21-41-24-38.png

Hi forkie1, thank you so much for the mod!

I have a bug related to the gpl mod: the lotus 49 does not shift automatically, every other car does.

The thing is, the car shifts automatically if I start your championship but refuses to do it if I drive it starting a quick race from the content manager.

Can you help please ?

Hi forkie1, thank you so much for the mod!

I have a bug related to the gpl mod: the lotus 49 does not shift automatically, every other car does.

The thing is, the car shifts automatically if I start your championship but refuses to do it if I drive it starting a quick race from the content manager.

Can you help please ?
Sorry man, I have no idea what would be causing that. Hope you find a solution.

Hi, I did 2 races but I'm not sitting in the Lotus49 (to be honest I have no idea which car I am in, but not the 49 :) Can I change this somewhere?

Hi, I did 2 races but I'm not sitting in the Lotus49 (to be honest I have no idea which car I am in, but not the 49 :) Can I change this somewhere?
Hmm. That sounds odd. If you check the "event.ini" files inside each event folder, in the
"[RACE]" section there is a line that should read "MODEL=gpl67_lotus_49", and that part wouldn't say anything else unless you changed it, which it doesn't sound like you did ;)

Can you take a screenshot in-game so I can see what car it is?

Last edited:
Could use Sergio Loro's Rouen track instead of Le Mans?
Yeah, just go inside the "event5" folder and open the event.ini file.
Inside that file, under the "[RACE]" section it says "TRACK=le_grand_circuit_1967".
Change that to the name of the track you want to use, and change the number of "RACE_LAPS" to whatever number of laps you see fit.

Last edited:
Hmm. That sounds odd. If you check the "event.ini" files inside each event folder, in the
"[RACE]" section there is a line that should read "MODEL=gpl67_lotus_49", and that part wouldn't say anything else unless you changed it, which it doesn't sound like you did ;)

Can you take a screenshot in-game so I can see what car it is?
Hello, this happened to me as well. In the CM career menu it gives you the Lotus for which you can choose the skin, but when the game loads I'm in the McLaren. It has MODEL=gpl67_lotus_49 in the [RACE] section of the event.ini file as you say, but at the bottom of each event.ini file, there's also this:

[CAR_0]
SETUP=
MODEL=gpl67_mclaren
SKIN=Mclaren
DRIVER_NAME=Charlie Simpson
NATIONALITY=England

which is presumably what's causing the conflict. I edited it so it has the Lotus model and my skin of choice, and blanked out the last 2 lines, which seems to have fixed it.

Cheers

Hello, this happened to me as well. In the CM career menu it gives you the Lotus for which you can choose the skin, but when the game loads I'm in the McLaren. It has MODEL=gpl67_lotus_49 in the [RACE] section of the event.ini file as you say, but at the bottom of each event.ini file, there's also this:

[CAR_0]
SETUP=
MODEL=gpl67_mclaren
SKIN=Mclaren
NATIONALITY=England

which is presumably what's causing the conflict. I edited it so it has the Lotus model and my skin of choice, and blanked out the last 2 lines, which seems to have fixed it.

Cheers
Oh cheers for this.. somehow I missed Forkie1's reply when I posted my issue.

[CAR_0]
SETUP=
MODEL=gpl67_mclaren
SKIN=Mclaren
NATIONALITY=England

Cheers
I have no idea why that's there, lol. I'll get that corrected when I have the time.
Cheers for letting me know.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing