GPCoS

What happened to the GPCoS system? Accounts removed/All data gone from previous seasons... :confused2: It was already cleaned up before, but now nothing is left :( Not even my account. I guess the GPCoS has been updated, but isn't it possible to restore all the data?

It's just I'm a big stats-freak and to me this is a great loss. If I had known this up front I would have exported all personal data before this precious data would be destroyed. :terror:

Allot of us are big stat freaks and I was upset to see all that valuable and great data dissapear, hope it's backed up somewhere where we can access it.

Alll our driver results are gone and the old leagues. I would like to see the old RDGTC stats and everything else as they are a good part of RD history and it's always great to remember these such leagues, but without the old stats they seem to get forgotten quite easy which is not so good, not to mention the great data on driver results which for me is a valuable part of RD's history and future.

All data has been backed up. Yoeri should have the PDF's somewhere. The current GPCOS is a new installation out of the box as the old one was still a temporary solution (for two years now) when we migrated from RSC to RaceDepartment.

It had so much build in errors that it was getting too complex to work with it. No structure in the teams and player names didnt help us either :)

The current version is fully up to date and supports all our sims

I've heard gpcos can be hard to work with and error's can come up, I think a new system was needed by the sounds of it and will be much easier to work with, just a shame we won't be able to add our old results with our potential new ones on gpcos :gimme:

But it's just stats, and am just happy can look at the old results when it's possible to.

Thanks

Correct, same goes for registered teams.

Do not register a new team per league but use one that you attach to multiple league you join.

That way we keep a clean database and build up nice stats for both the teams and the players.

If your team for example has a lot of members create seperate teams if they compete in the same league:

Sim Race Team 1
Sim Race Team 2
Sim Race Team 3
etc

Once your team enters a new league you can always start with Sim Race Team 1 again and continue from there :)

Are there any known issues with uploading a profile picture on GPCoS? I receive the following 'error':
Kris Leeten, upload profile image on this page.

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/admin/domains/racedepartment.com/public_html/leagues/image-upload.php on line 177

Warning: getimagesize(http://leagues.racedepartment.com/images/drivers/upload_149.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/admin/domains/racedepartment.com/public_html/leagues/image-upload.php on line 177
Successfully processed
Item succesfully added.
But no image added (I tried a very small picture (< 100x100) as well as I read something about imagesize in the error, but with the same negative result. )

Also when trying to edit your profile, the personal information box is a required field... doesn't seem very required to me but hey :) I'm just mentioning this as it's not very clear that this box has a red border.

- Even after filling out all required fields the picture isn't being uploaded.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 488 39.2%