AC GP2 @ Suzuka - Sun 07.09.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good race guys, I had to leave halfway through, but I had some good fun.

I'll upload my start, and I'd like to ask you if any of the contact that I had in the first lap was my own fault.. I'm not very sure and I'm still getting used to this game engine.

Nice save there both you and Benni around the1min

@Dion de Martines contact with me in the sharp left hander was clearly my fault, braked too late and locked up, so you couldn't go anywhere to avoid me. I'm glad that it didn't disadvantage you that much. We had a nice little fight a few laps later, was great fun :).

Sorry for my mistake there!

Enjoyed the race. Qualified 15th but by missing all the carnage (bit of luck at the start) and going a reasonable pace through the first lap I ended up 9th at the end of lap 1. Being a rookie, I got passed pretty soon after that but did just fine until lap 5 where I pushed a bit too hard at the last chicane and spun off to the outside. Got stuck in the outside rail and thrown back to the pits (lost the whole lap due to AC lap glitch). Had to come out on cold tires again but still made the whole race and had some great fun. Can't agree more that continuing to race is important so that we have a full field to race against! I have a good view of the start carnage if anyone needs me to upload it ;)

@Dion de Martines contact with me in the sharp left hander was clearly my fault, braked too late and locked up, so you couldn't go anywhere to avoid me. I'm glad that it didn't disadvantage you that much. We had a nice little fight a few laps later, was great fun :).

Sorry for my mistake there!
I wouldn't say so, Benni. Dion could've given you more room.
After I'd a thorough look at the replay, I'll issue a race report for all drivers of this event. There are several things all you guys need to sort out for a cleaner & more enjoyable racing experience.

@Georg Siebert yeah, he could have given me more room, but nevertheless i braked too late. I doubt i would have taken the corner without going off track if we haven't had contact there, so i still see a failure in my driving here. He didn't disadvantage me at all, i rather disadvantaged myself losing 4-5 positions before finding a gap to rejoin the track.

Apart from that incident, i had a rather clean race. Did not make that much mistakes and stayed on track the whole race while having a constant race pace. I see a general problem in racing this formula cars. They are indeed very hard to control, if you do not practice at all. It is just impossible to not spin your car or have a clean wheel to wheel racing if you just sign up for a race like this without knowing the behavior of the car. On the other hand, club racing is for fun and you cannot expect everyone participating to spend hours and hours learning to drive the car perfectly like an F1 driver. But i would appeal to the people who sign up for a race like this that they drive atleast a few laps in this car/track combo to judge if they are able to participate without causing a crashfest.

I just had a chance to look at the replay and I could see what happened far more easily regarding the incident round 130r. As I was on the outside of the bend I ran out of road with @Stelios Fevgatos on the inside taking the racing line (nothing wrong with him doing that although at the time I thought I had less room so I called out on ts warning him I was on his right) but I could not lift off as @Edwin Collingridge was right behind me (again he was not doing anything wrong). I was forced to go round the runoff as I came back on at the exit of 130r the car pitched left as I ran over what I originally thought was astro turf (turned out to be grass), I corrected right but started fish tailing I tried to scrub as much speed off as possible but collided with Stelios as he was on the left of the track causing us both to come off. After the incident I saw him move out of the gravel back onto the tarmac and thought he was taking the short way back to the track to I pulled out back onto the road but I did not realize he was rejoining where we originally left. If I'd have known I'd have waited longer. I'm very sorry to Stelios as he could do nothing about it. In hindsight I should have lifted off and given up a few positions before rejoining the track on the exit so I could cross the grass at a slower speed and not start fish tailing. Again I'm very sorry about the incident.

I just had a chance to look at the replay and I could see what happened far more easily regarding the incident round 130r. As I was on the outside of the bend I ran out of road with @Stelios Fevgatos on the inside taking the racing line (nothing wrong with him doing that although at the time I thought I had less room so I called out on ts warning him I was on his right) but I could not lift off as @Edwin Collingridge was right behind me (again he was not doing anything wrong). I was forced to go round the runoff as I came back on at the exit of 130r the car pitched left as I ran over what I originally thought was astro turf (turned out to be grass), I corrected right but started fish tailing I tried to scrub as much speed off as possible but collided with Stelios as he was on the left of the track causing us both to come off. After the incident I saw him move out of the gravel back onto the tarmac and thought he was taking the short way back to the track to I pulled out back onto the road but I did not realize he was rejoining where we originally left. If I'd have known I'd have waited longer. I'm very sorry to Stelios as he could do nothing about it. In hindsight I should have lifted off and given up a few positions before rejoining the track on the exit so I could cross the grass at a slower speed and not start fish tailing. Again I'm very sorry about the incident.

After escaping the huge mess at start, i thought i was safe to continue my race.
I held the middle of the track to make you slow down and hit the brakes so you can get behind me, but you chose not to do that, went out of track and rejoined with what seemed full speed.
The fact that it was grass and not astro turf i guess faqed up your braking performance , i saw you coming and tried to go all the way to the left, i even got out of the track to avoid it..... I think you should just go straight and cut the track again. I was really disappointed :)

Racing is racing and apology accepted :p

After escaping the huge mess at start, i thought i was safe to continue my race.
I held the middle of the track to make you slow down and hit the brakes so you can get behind me, but you chose not to do that, went out of track and rejoined with what seemed full speed.
The fact that it was grass and not astro turf i guess faqed up your braking performance , i saw you coming and tried to go all the way to the left, i even got out of the track to avoid it..... I think you should just go straight and cut the track again. I was really disappointed :)

Racing is racing and apology accepted :p
Cheers, I would have tried to slow down but I had a car right behind me, I was going pretty much full race speed when I came back on the track but put the brakes on as soon as I left the 'astro turf' as it was a way before my normal braking point but as you said my braking didn't go so well. I'll put it down to experience and it shouldn't happen again. Thanks for being understanding.

Got beached on a kerb. My wheel keeps changing down another gear which is frustrating to say the least. I go for 4th gear but it will change down another to 3rd. this causes a spin everytime so I decided to call it a day.
Sorry at the start got a bit of wheelspin thought I had it under control but I touched the barrier and that was that.

Sorry to all that came across my car at the start I had a family emergency just before the race and was not able to get back to my pc until after the start.

Truly sorry if I ruined anyone's race.

Barney

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 374 28.2%