AC GP2 @ Suzuka - Sun 07.09.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
was unlucky in this event :( in qualifying 2 minutes left to the session fps jumped from 45 to 15-20 tried to fix it with alt-tabing and other stuff but it didn't worked only hope I had was it would fix it itself during the race, after struggling around the track 3-4 laps with 15 fps I had to quit it was just undriveable, feel really bad because of it had put hard work into the setup and good result was in hands.

It looks that most people were not ready for this race, only a few could keep the car between the lines.
That said, i think people should consider that some of us have only a few hours for racing per week and that we have wasted our Sunday to practice this combo.
MAYBE YOU SHOULD PRACTICE TOO !
I wont even mention what happened since the whole 2 laps were a crash fest that made me puke.

I have done many many club races but this is the first time i alt+f4'd the game.

Qualified last but avoided all the crashes and kept it on the track and managed to finish sixth. Not bad for my first online race :thumbsup:.

Was about four seconds a lap of the pace of the front runners though.

Good race. I was in the lead from start to finish, so not the best in terms of actual racing (fighting), but I had a near perfect run without any mistakes - so it was good practise.
RDC-GP2Suzuka-quali-2014-09-07.jpg RDC-GP2Suzuka-result-2014-09-07.jpg

Qualified 5th but had a terrible start, the guy infront of me was not good away so i needed to brake and lost a few places. into corner 1 i was on the outside but there was no room to turn in so i choose to go off track.

there i was in 11th place, a lot off people spunned/crashed on the first 1-2 laps, lap 3 i was in 3th place, and had similar pace as @Emil Praga, a race long i pushed me car to the limit to catch Emil, and i could overtake him in the last few laps. Nice pace you had there m8:thumbsup:

though driven most of the race alone, Happy whit second place :)

Qualified 5th but had a terrible start, the guy infront of me was not good away so i needed to brake and lost a few places. into corner 1 i was on the outside but there was no room to turn in so i choose to go off track.

there i was in 11th place, a lot off people spunned/crashed on the first 1-2 laps, lap 3 i was in 3th place, and had similar pace as @Emil Praga, a race long i pushed me car to the limit to catch Emil, and i could overtake him in the last few laps. Nice pace you had there m8:thumbsup:

though driven most of the race alone, Happy whit second place :)

Yeah, was pretty boring race, but as soon as i started to catch Backmarkers, my pace dropped so much, the most i lost was because of @Catalin Sasu , on streight line he was on right side, i was on left/middle side, he wasnt braking so i thought he will leave the inside open for me, then suddenly he moved to the left and braked, and that brought u near me suddenly (ironically he is romanian like me)

Yesterday's race I had a good connection and was able to participate with no problem at all. Today I had some internet issues, that were a bit sporadic. Then someone told me my ping was to high. I could see other cars without any issues, but then I totally lost internet connectivity and was not able to rejoin on time.

The damn internet provider told me they were doing some maintenance. I was pretty upset with this. At least they should notify about those events with anticipation. Sorry if I affect someone with this. Hope the race was OK.

About the mod. Its a total different car from what I race previous week at Albert Park. I really did not like the feeling of this new package. As someone posted I think the Lotus Exos S1 is a better experience. Don't get me wrong, I will race on anything RD will setup and prepare, but I personally am not in love with this mod.

Thought I had a clean start making my way through the carnage then bam! I got taken out. but managed to miss some other stuff and climbed up the ranking. Until, still in the first lap at the last chicane I had to slow down before the normal breaking point as there was some more carnage but unfortunately got clobbered from behind, over eager folks trying to hard undo themselves from start carnage ranking drop!
Got a few overtakes but hindered my progress several times due to my stupidity of pushing too hard and making a few elementary mistakes, only to try and catch up again. Had Akis in my sights a few times but my mistakes cost me.
One thing that really surprises me in this club racing is the high dropout rate. Yes there is carnage. Since we don't have damage at the moment, I don't see why folks can't just carry on. It will be a benefit for all. Faster guys can challenge themselves to climb back up the ranks (Hamilton!) and dare I say "still have a sense of achievement" despite not finishing on the podium. Slower guys get a better racing experience and learn how to defend, drive under pressure and become better drivers. Really guys If one wants to drive alone just do some hot lapping and then there would not be any club racing.
Last year I did a Le Mans on Forza 4 in an LMP1, in my first 2hr stint I got taken out at the T2 just befor the dunlop bridge, car was a mess damage all round. I got to the pits fixed all but if you know Forza 4 airo can not be fixed but I still went back out again. It was a tough ask 2hr with damaged wings! the challenge I set myself was to catch up and overtake all the GT cars, that I did and helped out the team finish 6th in over 50 cars. At one stage we were the last team.

Thought I had a clean start making my way through the carnage then bam! I got taken out. but managed to miss some other stuff and climbed up the ranking. Until, still in the first lap at the last chicane I had to slow down before the normal breaking point as there was some more carnage but unfortunately got clobbered from behind, over eager folks trying to hard undo themselves from start carnage ranking drop!
Got a few overtakes but hindered my progress several times due to my stupidity of pushing too hard and making a few elementary mistakes, only to try and catch up again. Had Akis in my sights a few times but my mistakes cost me.
One thing that really surprises me in this club racing is the high dropout rate. Yes there is carnage. Since we don't have damage at the moment, I don't see why folks can't just carry on. It will be a benefit for all. Faster guys can challenge themselves to climb back up the ranks (Hamilton!) and dare I say "still have a sense of achievement" despite not finishing on the podium. Slower guys get a better racing experience and learn how to defend, drive under pressure and become better drivers. Really guys If one wants to drive alone just do some hot lapping and then there would not be any club racing.
Last year I did a Le Mans on Forza 4 in an LMP1, in my first 2hr stint I got taken out at the T2 just befor the dunlop bridge, car was a mess damage all round. I got to the pits fixed all but if you know Forza 4 airo can not be fixed but I still went back out again. It was a tough ask 2hr with damaged wings! the challenge I set myself was to catch up and overtake all the GT cars, that I did and helped out the team finish 6th in over 50 cars. At one stage we were the last team.
I agree completely. For us slower guys it would have been nice to have a bit more competition down the field as even if you're not where you want to be in the race it can still be fun fighting for position further down the field.

Race went okay for me, qualified 4th and ended 4th. Hab a pretty bad start and nearly spun the car, because of a bit too much throttle too early. After a messy first lap, i became more consistent and found a constant race pace, which was about 1-1.5 secs per lap slower than the top group, congrats to them, they drove really really fast, no chance to catch up :)

Unfortunately, my computer couldn't handle this many cars on this track, i also had massive performance issues (although my system is not bad at all with a Xeon E3 V1230 and a R290 TriX), so i was a bit handicapped and could probably go a bit faster without stuttering.

Good race guys, I had to leave halfway through, but I had some good fun.

I'll upload my start, and I'd like to ask you if any of the contact that I had in the first lap was my own fault.. I'm not very sure and I'm still getting used to this game engine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back