rF2 GP2 Series 2010 @ Silverstone 2010 - Sun October 31st 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Event start: 20:00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes
Warmup: 3 minutes
Race: 19:35 GMT, 2 x 20 minutes - Formation lap + standing start

If event starts 20:00 how can race start 19:35 GMT?

Absolute disaster with lap 1 DNFs in both races, Race 1 lap1 approaching Stowe I was behind Ihab who must have an earlier braking point to me and I tried to avoid him but just caught him and I was flipped across the gravel and into the wall, I hope your car was ok Ihab I think you carried on ok. Race 2 I got off to a great start but as we came round copse I put a wheel on the kerb and was spun round into the middle of the track and kept my fingers crossed but alas Thomas couldnt miss me sorry.

Good racing, 5º in first race 6º second race. On both races i was fighting on last 2 laps cause i had almost no tyres on second race last lap i had to manage to keep one car behind me half a lap, but it was worth it :)

PS: I give someone a push in a corner, and i waited for him, i was "used as a brake" (accident it happens) and he waited for me to pass him. Thanks for this action, that always should be like this, a pleasure to race here.

Thanks to all who raced, was good fun tonight. Thanks to the guys from last week as well and their patience with the server issues :).

Congrats to Ferry for race one, and well done to all ;D.

Disastrous pair of races. A DNF in race one and lost my front wing in the spin to Bulgin in race two. I tried to avoid him but the car in front hid his spin from me until it was impossible to avoid without creating a larger accident. Pitted and had a lonely race to the end.

Race1
Qual = 4
Race = 8
==========
Race2
Qual = 2
Race = DNF

This was my first time ever to race this track, also I did not get that much time before the race to get familiar with the track, but really it was great fun tonight.

Cheers!

My apologies to everyone for bringing my bad mood and poor concentration along with me last night. I'd had a rough race in the morning and a fairly stressful day at home with two little darlings in "wind Daddy up mode". I really wasn't in the right frame of mind to race a shopping trolly last night let alone one of these beasties.

Thank you to Jitesh Mistry for passing a setup on to me. It had less downforce than I wanted which I adjusted, with also a little more steering lock, but I was getting better traction out of corners and the car was feeling a lot better:good:.

thanks all fore joining in last night. Was again nice to drive those cars, and i was more happy then last atempt on this track. Car was much more stable in the corners. I had a realy nice fight with Chris Butcher. he did pass me a few times i did pass him a frew times all clear moves and it was probably going on to the finish line but then sudenly Chris made a mistake and hit the curb to much on the inside and spun out. Then it was just driving home fore me. I think my pace was just 1 or 2 tenths faster then Chris his pace but under slistream he could follow easy and the other way around it was the same. I think my topspeed was a bit higher but never enough to lose him behind me.

Second race i didnt do because of my early start at work next day. it was bed time fore me, same story as almost every sunday. to bad whe can not do just a 1 hour race or so and not 2 times 20 mins. but thats just my own opinion. i understand people who say do 2 races because when i crash out i have another change. just not my type of racing, i always drive on the save limit not to spin and that is in my advantage when whe do a long race.

thanks to Lee to puting up this race.

I'm up for trying it Ferry but I think it may drive people away. Racing club tends to work well for short races. Armolli was long races and didn't really draw much of a crowd in I thought.

I know what you mean Lee and i think you are right. Most people dont like the longer races so i think its better to stick to the shorter races. it was only my own opinion. And most of the time iam not thinking the same as a lot of people. problem of my live ;)

Yeah I agree. Obviously it is different for leagues, but those who wish to just take part in short, casual, fun races, I think an hour would be too long. For example, if you were on your own on track, it would (to me anyway) seem more of a "chore". Also, those who mess up in race 1 get a second chance with the current format, which I think is a good thing :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back