rF2 GP2 Series 2010 @ Monza 2010 - Sun December 5th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
it was fun:D and now i know how heikki felt when his car flew on fire lol haha

It was a pity there was no fire extinguisher nearby :tongue:

For me, the night was brilliant.

Quali 1: Did OK but was 2 tenths up on pole on my final lap and got disturbed by the talking as I went around the Parabolica which ultimately ended with me crashing it. Ended up 5th.

Race 1: Made a good start initially but Lee had a bad one in front and whilst I was trying to avoid him, I nearly lost it myself. Dropped back to about 8th or 9th before turn 1. Managed to somehow find a gap through the cars and was in the middle of a sandwich on the exit of 2. Giorgios didn't seem to accelerate when he rejoined the track so how us 3 got past him I'll never know. Was up into 2nd place before the Roggia chicane just behind Andreas. Had a great little scrap with him for a few laps including a couple of scary moments. The first we were side by side going into the Rettifilo and Giorgios was coming out of the pits. Gladly he kept as far right as possible and we managed to get past without trouble. The second occured trying to avoid a slow moving Chris at the same point a lap later and again we were side by side. This time though, I had to take avoiding action else I would of driven into the back of Chris. I think Andreas did as well but ended up going through the chicane. From then on, I pulled out too big a gap as Andreas recovered for there to be a further battle. I had one other close moment when the other Chris was weaving as he came out of the pits and span. I had to slow up just in case he bounced back onto the track. Other than that I managed to take my first win with the mod :)

Quali 2: Much better this time and took 2nd on the grid.

Race 2: Made another poor start and dropped to 5th. Managed to keep control of the car as I was being nudged from behind seceral times from the Rettifilo down to the Roggia chicane. Followed Lee and Kelvin closely before they both went off at the exit of the Roggia. I managed to close in on Sami and had a real good battle with him but now I had Ferry on my tail as well and he got past me on the exit of the Roggia chicane. I followed him through the two Leszmo's where both he and Sami got a poor exit from and I was able to sneak past both of them on the run up to Ascari. Opened up a 4 second lead which I knew I would need once Ferry got past Sami and it was just enough on the line as I held onto 2nd by 3 tenths of a second. :)

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back