rF2 GP2 Series 2010 @ Istanbul - Sun October 10th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
great race and great fun!!! this car a lot fun....sad that wasn't able to set up properly the car, but thx martin for share his set!!! ;) i wasn't fast but at least i was able to took the car at home and i had also some fights!!! so thank you again for tonight and cu!!! ;)

P.S.: could be fun forcing fixed setup for those cars for a event or 2!!!! btw i love a huge grid like tonight!!! ;)

Wow, loved those cars. Was doing well in race 1 but then Lee lost it accelerating and pushed me into the barrier. Suspension damaged, but at least i finished the race (13th I think)

Race 2 started on pole, I think Ferry jumped the start, he appeared to serve a penalty at end of first lap. Me and Ben were locked in a great battle, then when I pulled out a small gap in 1st, connection lost. My first ever RD disco. Strange, gutted :(

But thanks to those I raced with, in particular Martin with the setup help, and Ben for the awesome race 2 battle

too bad Chris, was such a cool fight! :) Hopefully we race this mod next week again and we can try to finish it this time ;)

I got P2 twice in quali and first race I finished in P2 and I won the second race !

Great mod, I really hope to see it again! (Suzuka maybe?)

Awesome race guys, In my opinion, I did a good Q with a time of 1:35:9, qualifying 9th in first race, and 7th in second one. The first race wasn't good for me, as I spun sometimes and then my engine blew... but Race2 was another thing, I qualif'd 7th and finished 6th, good enough, but I spun in 2nd race too...

Hope to have more races with this awesome mod! :D

Thought that went really well tonight, a 22 car grid for race 1 and 20 for race 2, I finished 4th in both races iirc, everyone seemed to like the mod so more of the same please Ivo and thanks for setting it up mate.

Enjoyed tonight, wasnt really till end race two this cars really began to work with me though :(. Ivo! Again again again!.

Cba with a report - been writing all day. Sorry to Chris for race one.

Thanks guys.

My first race in open wheel. Now I know it's not my world:wink:. But still a lot of fun with this cars. I was very surprised because my quite good times in qualy, I was somewhere in the midle of the grid. LOL! Races where another story.
R1-4 times in the pits in first 10 minutes of the race....shame on me.:redface:.
R2-lot better only 2 times in the pits, but something strange happened to the stering (probably demaged)-my mechanics didn't want to repair it-only front wing replacement, so I had to drive with stering wheel turned about 90 degrees-it was very hard.
One more thing: Apologies to Gary, sorry for that hit in R1, I was a bit distracted becase Your car disapeared view times before that accident, hopeYour DNF is because of disco, not because of damage after I tap You.

THX to Ivo &RD for this great event. Hope that in other races/mods we'll have such big grid as today.

My first two races with you. A pleasure, much respect on the track. He was also my first time with the mod, and just in a very technical circuit, but happy to share tracks with you.

thanks and greetings from Argentina.

PD: Excuse my English, luckily there google :)

My first race in open wheel too, is a different world compared to sportcars.. very difficult to find a good setup.
In race one a good start but in turn one lose a couple of positions trying not to hit somebody, after that a spin and pit. P13

The second was a tough start, the guy in front of me stalled so I immediately put second gear, still gain some positions but in t1 someone run wide (I was on his side). After 5 min I started to lose grip especially at the exit of the slow corners.. at this point I decided to stay out and just finish the race.

Thanks Ivo & everyone :)

It was my first race here, i had a great time. The first race was the best. I had an incredible fight with Mattia Gottardi. In a few a corners we were side by side. It was very difficult to me try a clear overtaking but at least i could do it. In the last laps i was in 5th position. I try to overtake Marin Bulgin but i had tyres destroyed. I was pushing, waiting an error but it didnt happen. Second race was a complety disaster. I made a few spins, and in the last lap a car was in the middle of the track and i broke the suspension. I looking foward to race again, see you in barcelona!!!

yes m8 were some nice moments and your move was nice and clean!!! ;)

.....R2-lot better only 2 times in the pits, but something strange happened to the stering (probably demaged)-my mechanics didn't want to repair it-only front wing replacement, so I had to drive with stering wheel turned about 90 degrees-it was very hard. .....

usually when you break the suspension the mechanics can't repair it!!! ;)

Just try this mod for the first time yesterday and as like it very much, so I decided to join with you.

In both races I had a great and fair fight’s wheel to wheel, but also in both ones I made a spin in final slow turns, I hate those ones, wich make me lose a couple of places, but overall it went very well.

Thanks RD and everyone who join.

Loved this event:D. First time I'd done a formation lap with standing start. Added a nice feel of realism :good:. Enjoyed practicing with these cars and love the track.

Qual lap wasn't gr8, but good enough for 8th. I wouldn't have got much higher though just didn't want to bin it like I did on my first run!!

Race 1: Made a dreadful start drifting onto the grass:rolleyes:. Stayed going along until T1 to avoid causing a problem for others behind. Rejoined around 12th I think. Got into a nice groove quickly and picked cars off as they had spins or ran wide. Got up to 5th behind Martin Bulgin and we had a nice clean dice for a couple of laps:cool:. Once I got by I slowly pulled a gap. I was really enjoying the race. Felt comfortable and was very pleased with my 4th position. Then I saw Chris off the track and I was 3rd!!

I was on the last lap when my wife was trying to signal something to me. As I drove round to pits at the end having done a punch in the air for my podium finish (definately didn't expect that in a rF single seater mod) I was already thinking about Race 2.

Unfortunately when my wife came back in she was holding one of our cats 4 week old kittens and it was not looking well:frown:. We got a friend to come round as I was going to work soon to take it to the vet. This meant I was going to have to miss race 2!! It sadly died about an hour later:rain:. My kids are heartbroken bless them.

I'll be in for more of these next week as the time format just allows me to do both races b4 shooting to work and the racing was fantastic last night:good:.

Thanks RD and Ivo for organising:).

Have to say thank you to Ivo fore findingt this nice mod. i did yesterday my first laps with it and loved it from the start. I am still having some problems with the tyre's. but as Ben told me its probably because my set. I know what to change but then iam slower so difficult to do that.

fore the first race i was the fastest around and took pole and took the victory with Ben behind me. But i did controle the whole race and wasnt pushing.

Second race lol made a stupid mistake at the start after P3 in quali wich i was happy with so i thought i could fight for podium. But damn flase start and then i knew it waas almost impossible to win the race because of the drive trough. Finaly i finished on P3 with 7 sec behind on Ben.

hope to be there next sunday but it will be hard because of my race in FSR WT that day.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.7%