rF2 GP2 Series 2010 @ Algarve - Sun November 21st 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Out in race 1 lap 1, some guys need to take it easy on the first lap and have a bit of give and take.

Forgot to say sorry to Bruno, I was attempting to limp back to the pits but kept spinning and bruno hit me as I span back round, I didnt know you were behind me mate sorry again.

That's alright Martin nothing you could do it was a racing incident, +1 for your comment on everyone taking it easy on the 1st lap, got my front wing taken out because someone got into an incident in front of me and I didn't have enoght time to avoid him. Again it was a racing incident with the guy I hit.

Had only time for 1 race today, shame it ended so early :(
see you guys next time

The server suddenly appear about five minutes later.

Had two very good races on a very technical circuit, 5th place in both...bit of a poor turn mind for these races when considering this is an excellant Mod

First two races ever at Race Department and it went unexpectedly well! :) Took 3rd in race 1 and 4th in race 2.

Apologies for my terrible start in race 2, used a little too much throttle and lost the front end on the start line! :(

Fantastic racing with you guys and hope to see you on track soon.

Havn't been racing for a couple of months because of elbow tendonitis. The rust showed, and the process of getting to the race perhaps was an indicator I should have stayed in bed Forgot to adjust for daylight savings time going away, so I was an hour behind, then I had problems getting the mod installed (first time with the mod), then the server wouldn;t show up for ~ 15 minutes, just when I was about to give up the server showed in the list and I arrived at the start of qual with no practice or setup. Oh crap. :eek:

Fortunately Martin was gracious enough to send a setup and I spent the qual/wu periods relearning the track. Startting at the back of the pack Race 1 started well, I avoided various incidents and found myself running 7th by lap 3. Went wide in one turn ended up in the sand tapping the wall and loosing my front wing. These are REALLY effective sand features! With no momentum, I crawled at just over 1 KPH taking over 3 minutes to return to the track LOL :) I then mistook an offramp as the pit entrance was was DQed :rose-dead:

Race 2 Despite having forgotten to save Martin's setup and being forced to use the default setup, R2 was an improvement!!!!! Finished 7th.

It was great racing with y'all again and the mod is a lot of fun. My elbow feels OK after the race and I stayed out of peoples way, so I have to call it a great day!!!!

Cheers

Hi,
this was my first ever open-wheel online race and it went just fine. as i am used to be last place, this one was no different.
Had a flawless first race, i dont remember having any damage in that one. i had to pit for fuel, with little more than 5 minutes to go, losing my position, but gained it back right away as Higgins got out of fuel as well.
race 2 started bad, some problems at the front rows and crashed in turn 1. went to pits repair and kept it until the final lap, finishing well last.

great races, big thumbs up for the organizers and ofc all fellow racers. sorry for the spins guys.

jSilva

Hi,
as i am used to be last place, this one was no different.

i had to pit for fuel, with little more than 5 minutes to go, losing my position, but gained it back right away as Higgins got out of fuel as well.

Great to have some new faces, I could keep up to you in 6th so when you pitted I thought yes but the gap between us after your stop wasnt that big still and I really needed a stop so I was practically crawling around in 6th gear so save fuel but ran out anyway with 3 corners left :( Hope to see you next week.

I did enter the track 30 mins before the official practice and not expecting anything from this. After 30 mins pracice i already felt ok on the track and knew how to drive around it. in official practice i gained a bit more time. But still i didnt knew anything about my pace because i didnt change a lot on my setup.

So Q1 i was surpriced to be one second faster then the number 2 placed guy. As usual my start wasnt that good. so lost position after a few turns. but could get it back after one lap. Behind me a few guys made some mistakes so that was enough fore me to finish the race in first. I was way up front with one lap to go when i deside to put in another fast lap. Lol wasnt that smart because i came on the curb in the first corner and stept out to the wall. And gone was my front wing. but because of my 30 sec advantage i could still win this one.

Second race again pole. but behind me there was Juha Maki a new driver in RD who improved his pace during quali and warmup. So whe did fight fore a few laps. It was a realy nice and fair fight. To bad he did spun behind me after a few laps. So then again it was enough to finish the race in first place not making the mistake to wanne do another fast lap ;)

so after all a good sunday fore me. 2 poles and 2 wins with less practice.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 226 13.9%