rF2 GP2 @ Algarve - Sunday 23rd October 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Q1: didn't get a lap in after rF crashed.
r1: Rob made a terrible start and I used my first-lap awesomeness (not really, just warmer tyres) to overtake Krzysztof around the outside of turn 4 (that dodgy uphill hairpin thing). Then I defended hard but fair for the next few laps until he made a mistake. The Rob came flying out of nowhere and I tapped his side, which rubberbanded me upside-down into the tyre barrier.

Awesome start off a gifted pole in R2. :) We had decided on a reverse grid for R2 as it was just me, Rob and Brian, it was a sort-of "go on, give the underdog a go!" as I was at least .5 of a second a lap slower than them.
I was defending hard against the pair of them (rob had come out of nowhere again then made a mistake at the next corner so I came back past) so the 3 of us were generally swapping positions for the first few laps.Then my GPU attempted to commit suicide and I ended up a lap and a half down (yes it was failing and measuring 5 or 6 seconds per frame for over 2 minutes). Then the GPU started again as if nothing had happened. Then I put my foot down but in vain. In the last 2 laps I went into extreme fuel-saving mode as I would not have made it across the line (perhaps stopped a few corners short) but I managed to save half a litre or so once I'd finished the race.

Well, at least I can say I now have my first RD podium. :cool:

Well, someone said he got a mismatch on the server and downloaded a patch.

It was V2.0 for already though, didn't race in the end. It's strange getting a mismatch when you downloaded a V2.0 patch even when you have V2.0 already, when it doesn't really change anything...

It was the rfm file that was causing mismatches. I had the same trouble last week and ended up re-downloading the whole mod before the Korea race. If the rfm was changed in some way it should have been announced, and the updated file should have been made available for download separately.
The event was rather an anti-climax when half the participants couldn't join because of this oversight :frown:

It's always best to download from the opening post as to avoid mismatches.
I said that multiple times over the evening, whether or not people listened is another matter. I think someone tried to get it from rFC and got mismatches, then got it from here and still got mismatches (might have been Ken). As Rob said, not much happened because of this but I enjoyed my 3rd place in R2. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back