GP Style Momo for G25 (my latest prototype)

Brian Clancy

Premium
Just a few pics of my latest wheel. Its based on a genuine Momo 'Formula' race wheel :cool:. I have fitted an SLI-M, six knitter buttons, four rotarys and a couple of toggle switches. When its finished it will also be fitted with a 'quick release' hub ala F1 Style :wink:.

I have already started the next wheel (I know, finish this one first) that will include a graphical LCD screen!

Hope you like:D

IMAG0163.jpg IMAG0162.jpg IMAG0161.jpg IMAG0160.jpg
pencil.png

Few more pics with the wheel mounted on my spare G25

cropMomo.jpgcropMomo2.jpg
Oh, by the way, this wheel will be up for sale soon (to fund the next one lol) I will sell it as a complete setup, with SLI-M, Knitters/switches etc all wired up and ready to go :) PM me if anyone is interested

Upvote 0
This wheel mod has altered a tad since my last post, it has now seen the rough end of my hacksaw, an 'experimental' LCD display is going in and a few other features too:tongue:

Bit scary cutting up a £150 worth of Momo wheel, but it all came out quite well in the end (Phew). I havent made the base yet, the components are just layed out on a cardboard plan at the moment, but it gives you all an idea of the final design:wink:

IMAG0184.jpgIMAG0185.jpgIMAG0186.jpg

Upvote 0
Too bad you couldn't get that LCD screen and everything down a bit more. I think it would look great if you could get the LCD either flush with the metal or even inset a little bit and have to cut a notch out.

Upvote 0
I wonder how you kept knocking all this stuff out. Now I know. Powered by virginia and zippos :D

You forgot the very strong black coffee and bottles of 'Old Peculiar'!:beer::wink: A succesful Hardware builders three main essential food groups are Nicotene, Caffeene and Beer-ene:tongue:, still, could be worse, some people on this site are apparently 'Powered by Marmite' YUCK!:poop:

Upvote 0
Top Man Bri :)

You dont need any light bulbs in that room now matey..... plenty lights right there!

That little screen sure is an info gold-mine too.

Is that all the info you can display on it Bri, or is there more? :)

Upvote 0
This is unbelievable work, Brain! Good grief!

I guess you're looking for a boatload of money for that thing, huh? Where did you even learn how to mod a wheel like that in the first place?!?!?!?

lol sorry for the 20 questions, but that is stunning.

Upvote 0
Thanks Danny:D

Errrr, well, I kinda just make em up in my study come Race rig come workshop room lol! Its a hobby and just good fun to mess about with this stuff to be honest.:D

As for price, well, I guess this wheel would be around £550 :frown: Its the cost of the Momo wheel to start with, around £170:frown:. SPA do some nice similar wheels for alot less tho. That is for the whole thing mind, all built and just bolt on and plug in the USB lead :wink: I might be tempted to sell this one for a fair bit less in the not too distant future tho, let me know if anyone is interested?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back