Resource icon

Cars GP 1989 Historical 1.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, thanks. Later could be considered an add-on with the complete "prequalifying" teams. The problem with 1989 is there was so many teams and drivers that we could do almost a whole mod with the missing drivers.(5 for rial, 3 for Coloni, Herbert raced 2 times for tyrrell..) And downloading 40 or 45 cars could create graphical saturation or even CTD. So Yes an add-on with a notice could be a solution later.

Last edited:
Hello, thanks. Later could be considered an add-on with the complete "prequalifying" teams. The problem with 1989 is there was so many teams and drivers that we could do almost a whole mod with the missing drivers.(5 for rial, 3 for Coloni, Herbert raced 2 times for tyrrell..) And downloading 40 or 45 cars could create graphical saturation or even CTD. So Yes an add-on with a notice could be a solution later.
Thanks for the info. Looking forward for the Add-on

Please also add Coloni (Moreno, Raphanel and Bertaggia), Euro Brun (Foitek and Larrauri), Zakspeed (Schneider and Suzuki) and Rial (Danner, Foitek, Gachot, Weidler and Raphanel) plus extra Tyrrell (Herbert), Arrows (Donelly), Osella (Ghinzani), Minardi (Barilla), Lola Larrousse (Bernard), Onyx (Lehto) and AGS (Winkelhock and Dalmas) into the F1 1989 mod.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Please also add Coloni (Moreno, Raphanel and Bertaggia), Euro Brun (Foitek and Larrauri), Zakspeed (Schneider and Suzuk)i and Rial (Danner, Foitek, Gachot, Weidler and Raphanel) plus extra Tyrrell (Herbert), Arrows (Donelly), Osella (Ghinzani), Minardi (Barilla), Lola Larrousse (Bernard), Onyx (Lehto) and AGS (Winkelhock and Dalmas) into the F1 1989 mod.

Thanks.
Hello, this represents 20 more cars, the mod will be very heavy . We are afraid of crashes and a lot of work for nothing.A solution would be to add a selection of cars and drivers, another is to do a "spinoff mod', something like a 1989 prequalifying cars, but not playable with the "main" 1989. Herbert for tyrrell and Donnelly could be add on a later update

Great idea
Hello, this represents 20 more cars, the mod will be very heavy . We are afraid of crashes and a lot of work for nothing.A solution would be to add a selection of cars and drivers, another is to do a "spinoff mod', something like a 1989 prequalifying cars, but not playable with the "main" 1989. Herbert for tyrrell and Donnelly could be add on a later update

So, I dunno if anyone else had this problem, but when you install the mod, in the directory GameData/Vehicles/GP89/Lotus there is a file called lotus12.gen. If you open it up with a text editor like notepad and go down to the /// Driver /// section under Instance=helmet there is a line

<HIGH> MeshFile=nakajimaHELMET.gmt.

This needs to be changed to

<HIGH> MeshFile=nakajima_HELMET.gmt

or else if you try to start a race weekend with car detail set to high, you will get a mesh file loading error for Nakajima's Lotus.

Last edited:
Tried Nakajima's car. No MAS error for me and the right helmet.
For your start problem, you should lower the number of visible cars.
Hope this helps.
GRAB_001.JPG

So, I dunno if anyone else had this problem, but when you install the mod, in the directory GameData/Vehicles/GP89/Lotus there is a file called lotus12.gen. If you open it up with a text editor like notepad and go down to the /// Driver /// section under Instance=helmet there is a line

<HIGH> MeshFile=nakajimaHELMET.gmt.

This needs to be changed to

<HIGH> MeshFile=nakajima_HELMET.gmt

or else if you try to start a race weekend with car detail set to high, you will get a mesh file loading error for Nakajima's Lotus.
hello, thanks for reporting this bug ! Indeed it has been fixed, updated version now available with some extras (Lola LC88B)

If you interest, last year i have create, the Life F1 Skin and the Apicella helmet. Sorry it's my first skin since 2016. I will be recreate the skin with the March 88 model (the First is a 88 march car purchased at March, against the no use of March chassis in F3000 in 1989).

Attachments

• 39HELMET.png
    39HELMET.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 57

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 256 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%