Got Wood? 10-4 Good Buddy! American Truck Simulator Previews.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS Oregon 2.jpg

American Truck Simulator continues to be an exceptionally popular game on the Steam Charts, and these new industry previews indicate bigger things are still to come....

Ok, ok, that's enough of that then people.. lets be serious for a second shall we?

SCS Software have worked wonders with both the older European Truck Simulator 2 and now the American Truck Simulator trucking simulations for PC, building on what would at first glance appear to be a rather tame subject matter to deliver some exceptionally well thought out and realised games, constantly proving to be highly popular in both active player counts and sales charts over the last few years on Steam.

Never content to rest easy on the already impressive achievements delivered by the studio, SCS Software continue to both improve and expand both game worlds at an impressive rate, with the latest of these map expansion for American Truck Sim focusing on the Oregon region, and its riches of forestry industry that is such a core part of the landscape in that part of America.

Although still heavily under development, SCS have revealed some further images from the upcoming Oregon DLC, also confirming that the studio are looking to create a more coherent logistics chain, as can be heard from SCS themselves below:

With Oregon, we are paying special attention to the woodworking logistic chain. It's an interesting and characteristic part of Oregon's economy, and it will be a fun addition to the gameplay. Timber, lumber, and products made of wood will give us a nice reason to journey to rural as well as urban areas of the state and beyond, with cargoes that originated as trees in a forest.

ATS Oregon 1.jpg
ATS Oregon 3.jpg
ATS Oregon 5.jpg

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 are available to purchase for PC right now. Additional DLC packs for both games can be picked up from the respective Steam store page.

ATS Oregon 6.jpg ATS Oregon 4.jpg ATS Oregon 7.jpg ATS Oregon 8.jpg

Like to go big rigging across the highways of the USA? Fancy sharing your experiences with your fellow community members and taking in all the latest news regarding both games? Well join up with our European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim sub forums and get involved with the community today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to Oregon coming to American Truck Sim?

Last edited:
Guess I'm officially old and had to go to the urban dictionary to see what you were referring to about good buddy. Well, leave it up to certain groups in society to change an innocent term into something odious. :( Thanks for expanding my knowledge.:thumbsup: :O_o:

I feel the same way. I knew nothing about it until i went to truck driving school about 12 years ago. My trainer let me know right away what it means.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.7%
  • €151-500

Votes: 132 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.1%
  • €3001-5000