Got some serious problem drifting with G29

***FIXED***
Hi!

Okey so my friend bought a G29 wheel because he's tired of driving with a xbox 360 controller.
We are both drift heads.
Anyway after he installed the G29 he can't drift for s***t, there's some problem in-game i think because when he's about to drift he can only drift 5-10 meters then he lose power from the engine and the back end gets grip and he's getting thrown away. We have been testing some mod cars and cars that assetto corsa have build and still same problem.
I have double checked him to turn off all assist in main menu but they are off he says.

Pls help :(

***FIXED***

Last edited:
Maybe you should adjust the track grip level from optimum to old or green, and select cars which have special drifting compound tyres?

Nope sorry that's not the problem :(, we use cars with 400hp+. I use same setup as he does and i can drift flawless. It's like the engine is cutting off the power instantly. He had no problem with same cars and same setup when he used a xbox 360 controller before. It's like he got a permanent traction control even though it's turned off :(.

Can you post a video? (no need for hollywood production, just a mobile record will be fine) So we can see what is happening better.
The cars in AC lose power when they go off track, if that is wheel related, I don't know. Will test it myself as I'm very interested about this issue.

Can you post a video? (no need for hollywood production, just a mobile record will be fine) So we can see what is happening better.
The cars in AC lose power when they go off track, if that is wheel related, I don't know. Will test it myself as I'm very interested about this issue.

Im sorry i can't now because im at work :/. I don't think it's wheel related anymore either, i think there's some problem with some files or something after he switched from 360 controller to g29. it's not when he goes off track it's when he's about to drift when the car cutts the power, it's like he got a permanent TC on if you know what i mean

Im sorry i can't now because im at work :/. I don't think it's wheel related anymore either, i think there's some problem with some files or something after he switched from 360 controller to g29. it's not when he goes off track it's when he's about to drift when the car cutts the power, it's like he got a permanent TC on if you know what i mean
The video can be posted later with no problems;)
I really have no idea how it is happening and never heard or seen something like it, so I can't help much now. Post a video once you can, and hopefully we can sort this issue:)

The video can be posted later with no problems;)
I really have no idea how it is happening and never heard or seen something like it, so I can't help much now. Post a video once you can, and hopefully we can sort this issue:)
haha okey good :p.
Well not me either, have search alot but can't find any one getting this problem. Probably some wrong with the wheel setups in-game and so on... maybe some files

Well haha i have fixed the problem my friend got. When you are using logitech g29 or g920 wheel you have to change DAMPER_GAIN=1 to 0 in CFG file to get the wheel work properly in AC, it does even say so in the file when you open it. Thanks for trying to help me and my friend :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%