Goodwood Circuit

Tracks Goodwood Circuit 0.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
mantasisg updated Goodwood Circuit with a new update entry:

2018 March

Hello, have done plenty of various stuff. Could be final, except AI. But if I will have time, then I will finish it for Goodwood Revival which will be September.

To do:

*Graphical tweaks*
1. Some more detail to terrain texture;
2. Improve building detail and textures;
3. Transition meshes adjustments, mostly UV;
4. Groove;
5. Drainages in the track;
6. Trash bins;
7. Tow trucks;
8. Slightly more people and classic dressing, and people with ubrellas for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I just tried the wet version for the first time and it's quite convincing! it's a blast to drive. the only downside of the update or current state are some cameras being blocked by 2d chaps and just a few here and there tweaks needed since some objects block the view on some transitions

Is bumps or more properly to say. some of track's bumps - are too "big"?

And there some special second objects/layers for road surface, which making it looks more alive/quality. One thing about - they are stay static/flying, when you doing motion shots. It's noticed at various tracks not for the fisrst time, but may be there is a way to fix this?

Whatever, beautiful progress. Feels almost finished like?
Regards.

I thought it adds some cinematic experience :D I'll check it.
if they were 3d people.. could be better but having this amazing track modelled and then watching cardboard guys from closeup, it's really a bummer. I was driving with a friend yesterday and watching the replay was not fun, there are several camera issues. but it's easy to fix. I can help if you want :)

As for bumps some says too big, some says they are ok. For me they are ok. Simracers are used to too silky official tracks IMO, because quality.

Can't understand what are second static/flying road surface objects ? Could you show me those motion shots ? I would appreciate it.

Almost finished like ? For AC1 there probably be one last update in september. Maybe.

if they were 3d people.. could be better but having this amazing track modelled and then watching cardboard guys from closeup, it's really a bummer. I was driving with a friend yesterday and watching the replay was not fun, there are several camera issues. but it's easy to fix. I can help if you want :)

Sorry that this detail was a bummer to you. But those low poly baloon people are not that much better, plus consumes crazy amount of detail, no way having a lot of them without ruining performance. I would make bariers more characteristic instead.

If those cams are not fun somehow, then just delete it, or tweak, or make your own, you can share with me then, if you like, maybe I would include them. As for now I am happy about existing cam sets, all mine and those which are made by Norbs.

I always completely forget about the map. Always :D

So people needs them for some reason, I don't see how it is usefull too. You can see drivers having a map on their steering wheel sometimes, I can not understand how it is helping them. But it has to, if they use it.

Wet track could use a map with notes where there are more grip. Good idea.

Delete map.png and map.ini in data folder, load track, exit track, load again and map will work.

Followed by up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, A, B select, start. :cool:

You can see drivers having a map on their steering wheel sometimes, I can not understand how it is helping them. But it has to, if they use it.

A lot of times that's for when their crew guy comes on the radio and tells them something like "Be aware of debris at the exit of turn 13", then they can just glance at the map on their steering wheel and know where the debris is rather than having to memorize all the turn numbers. They don't use it to navigate their way around the track.

Oh, that's on the real life, but on a game? If you don't know he track you just do slower laps until you get more confident, then after you end up for the 5th time on the grass on that freaking left hander, you slow down a few meters before... That's how you learn a new track.
But, if there's a map option in game, it should work for sure, it's an easy fix

Wouldn't it be just safer to learn section/curve names. I can imagine it can take too much attention searching for turnX in the map in stressuf situations.

I'm sure they do, the map is just there for a quick reference in case they happen to forget or are just too busy to think about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/71o309/anyone_else_notice_the_track_map_on_hulks/

From the post:
It's quite common in almost every series. Not because driver don't remember track. But during heat of the moment you hear yellow flag T9. Instead of distracting and thinking what turn it is, it's better to take short glimpse on the map. At least that what I;ve heard in Radio LeMans during LeMans 24h 2 years ago. Also in LeMans it's even more important because they are using slow zones. So suddenly you hear race director that says there is slow zone from t6 to t9 and It's just faster and safer to be sure just by checking the map ;)

Great track. Although it's a highspeed track, it's also very technical. Turn 1 and 2 are a challenge to get right if you have any ambition of a good result. You have to find the correct line and sweetspot for powering out to the straight. The last 2 corners before the final chicane are even more challenging on racingspeed. Again, you have to find the right entry speed and clippingpoint of the apex's. It's a little puzzle :).

I can't show it here because of logo's, but there is a good example of how to race it with the RSS GT1 mod on my YouTube channel;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJavXtvD6Bu_4M7gpS1n35Q?view_as=subscriber

Hello Mantasisg.

Thank you for this track. I love taking the GT40 out for a spin on it. I was at The Members Meeting last Saturday. Even though I was still shivering and ready for bed when I got home in the evening. I had to start up the PC and spend some time on this awesome track.

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%