Goodwood Circuit

Tracks Goodwood Circuit 0.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
@mantasisg it looks like the pitlane ai line has been recorded incorrectly.which is probably the cause of the ai crashing into the wall when leaving the pit area..

the pitlane ai line does not need to go around the whole track.. just need to start it at say.. a corner before the pits and end it the first corner after

Last edited:
mantasisg updated Goodwood Circuit with a new update entry:

December Update

VpLiM9e.jpg

Whats new:

- Improved AI. Good at pits, good at chicane, could do faster start and take T1 cleaner in some cases, but I'm rather happy about it;
- Improved version of wet track, with better damp visual, physical and visual puddles with almost no grip, SEPARATED PHYSICAL MESH to represent rubbered and polished tarmac on normal racing line, which becomes very slippery when wet - it is rewarding to look for better grip outside normal racing line. I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Still ? With which car ? I haven't tested them all. But I have very few such incidents, I have tested quite a bit.

They will crash into it if you'll push them there though, just because they will be a voiding contact with a player there.

Still ? With which car ? I haven't tested them all. But I have very few such incidents, I have tested quite a bit.

They will crash into it if you'll push them there though, just because they will be a voiding contact with a player there.
Porsche 911 RSR, RSS4, DTM2017, for example. More powerful is the car, more easily there is chance to hit the walls of the last chicane (of course, without pushing them, all by themselves ).

Anyway, not always. Not every lap. In general AI works good.

Last edited:
any grip % suggested for the wet track?

Edit: I just read,
"I recommend to use Optimum - Fast grip setting and 20-26C, it will be slightly faster than actual wet track IRL, but it will be slippery enough"

The wet layout doesn't show on the AC Server Manager, could you give it a look or is it "As Designed"

I think the folder structure is wrong, for tracks with layouts, that's why it doesn't show up ont he Server Manager

jDSWOAH.png

Last edited:
Porsche 911 RSR, RSS4, DTM2017, for example. More powerful is the car, more easily there is chance to hit the walls of the last chicane (of course, without pushing them, all by themselves ).

Anyway, not always. Not every lap. In general AI works good.

I haven't tested 911RSR, but it is more due to cars width I think. As naturaly wider car will be more difficult in such narrow chicane. I have tested 917/30 it used to take it all right as far as i remember. I have taken chicane two-wide a few times against AI, but I left plenty of room. It is really a compromise - right now they are taking chicane at good speed. I could make it ridiculously strict for them, but then they would slow down painfully much. I'll see what I will be able to do in future, perhaps some ai_hints.ini tweaks will help.

any grip % suggested for the wet track?

Edit: I just read,
"I recommend to use Optimum - Fast grip setting and 20-26C, it will be slightly faster than actual wet track IRL, but it will be slippery enough"

The wet layout doesn't show on the AC Server Manager, could you give it a look or is it "As Designed"

I think the folder structure is wrong, for tracks with layouts, that's why it doesn't show up ont he Server Manager

jDSWOAH.png

Thanks for feedback, what a shame, it would have been lovely to try wet layout online if anyone would have used it there. I will have to put dry into subfolder then... anyways this is really weird that something doesn't work here, I was not aware of this. I wonder if there is away around.. dry layout is just using files structure as if it would be a single layout, and that is causing wet track not to work for servers ? Weird. Will add this to notes for next update. probably before or shortly after members meeting.

I thought you were tired of constant "thank you". Sorry that I forgot to thank you for them, this one is my favorite. Also another sorry, that used only the texture, and I messed up with mirrored UV's thing which you pointed out in Nemuno Ziedas support. And I haven't learned the thing from the models which you gave.

But I'm much more thankful for this, which I wrote to opening post of WIP thread:
"Also as usual big thanks to @LilSki, who once again dragged me from the darkness and informed about the intensity data, without which I was slightly "lost" in the point cloud :D Quite a critical turning point."

This was VERY big to me.

I also want to apologize that background around them in your pic is not nice, I'm working on backgrounds for next version. Now they looks very nice when approaching T1. Also they has a bit different shade of green than other trees, I think this color variation looks well in vegetation.

Another side.

One more thing, I want to remind that you offered me those trees and now reminding to thank you. I did bad not to mention that some trees are from you. But still, thats unusual. I have said thanks to you many times before, and indeed I was and I am. Thought you don't like it.

I was happy to take them from you as you were happy to give them (I suppose), because you are most helpful guy around there, and I believe that helping others is great act of kindness.

I would have written all this in PM. But you don't respond to me in PM - after asking and getting that "ghost" car which took quite some effort to me, because 3DSmax, and I never even got thanks, or to know if stuff worked, or was terrible. Also this, when you kindly offered me those nice trees, of which I am thankful for. The last message was this:
S5lafCP.jpg

XrIhW4Y.jpg

Never responded. A month later shortly after release came to tell about bumpyness, and I have smoothed it a lot more since that message.

Sorry, but just have to speak publicly. Because i don't understand what I did wrong, or what did I say bad somewhere. But these things ain't right. I guess arguing about bumps was too much.

I'm very thankful, you really are the most talented, skillful. And most importantly extremely helpful modder of our community. I would skip everything just to read what you wrote. Respect is huge. Can't even describe, man. But I feel pressure, and being played in some weird way, which I can't understand, but can feel. And I must react and defend, despite tremendous respect.

I hope Jebus will not come here.

Peace, sorry for drama, respect.

Last edited:
I often get up to 20+ notifications a day from RD at a time and even more around when I release a track and Bridge 2.0 was only out for a month at that point so sometimes I miss messages. I don't remember reading those messages.

As for the trees yes I gave permission but it is still nice to get some credit. For example I have a set of low poly cars from Fat-Alfie. And any track that uses his work will mention his name. It is just a simple courtesy.

And I still think Goodwood is a touch too rough but I've given up on that venture.

And if those tree models didn't help you from being able to fix the mirrored UV than I'm afraid I can't help any further than I have.

EDIT: And one final note about helping you. I generally help people that want to be helped. I have done a lot with LeonS with his Sveg track because he wants to learn. With you I have to fight a battle until 2 weeks later you finally decide to agree with me. Take your first track. I suggested rebuilding it on a spline because you jumped the gun and took the the layout off the spline and you still had rough low poly turns. You fought with me giving me excuses as to why not to redo the work and then like a month later you did just what I originally recommended. I can't be bothered anymore fighting battles with someone that ends up doing what I suggested in the first place.

Last edited:
The mirrored mesh issue was me being dumb and not realizing it in the first place. Realized only when you told clearly in NZ thread a month ago. I feel stupid because if I have studied your trees or actually any other trees would have noticed it. It was shockingly silly mistake.

And 20+ notifications aren't that much, especially if you miss/skip a few. But I dig the lack of time then. Sometimes even one can seem too much, when business is coming from every possible way.

I agree that we shouldn't discuss bumps again.

I just want to show where I plan to do slight smoothing once more:
SGr6ZOg.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 374 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%