Goodwood Circuit

Tracks Goodwood Circuit 0.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello Mantasisg,
Your track is absolutely gorgeous from the very first released version. 0.99 is even better, so close to the real place. Congratulations for this achievement and many thanks for your (hard) work.
Laurent

[/QUOTE] Graphically all this needs now is people in 60's dressing around the track and in the stands, and some Vintage trucks and such parked trackside to finish it off :).[/QUOTE]

First, to creator mantasisg a billion thanks for this circuit..... I've seen some mention of track bumpiness, and alterations. The bumpiness will just present opportunity to learn suspension settings.

..... and sorry for the loss of your friend and contributor Mr. Frost.

Just tried it with the XJ13 mod, and it felt just about right and not excessively bumpy. I'll try the GT3 Cup now and report back.

@mantasisg great job already, graphically everything looks very nice I like that you pay attention to detail for example with the grass and include those typical mowed lines Goodwood Circuit has in real life, the flowers, hanging bushes and trees are also nice to look at. Only one minor point here IMO and that's the Union Jack flags on the pit building, they seem quiet ironed and static at the moment.

Graphically all this needs now is people in 60's dressing around the track and in the stands, and some Vintage trucks and such parked trackside to finish it off :).

Hmmmmm..... 60's clothing, eh...... with scattered occurrences of Austin Powers and Dr. Evil would work..... maybe even some Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin cameos too :)

Argh I'm still stubbin my toes on best ways to work within this forum interface..... I may be really clumsy with its conventions, but looking to improve...... lots of good knowledge and respect permeates these rooms.
DO have question.... I can't see a way to respond to a video of software in action, meaning "internally" and not YouTube.
Tips n advice always TIA.

LilSki, just dropping a compliment about your driving in the box here..... I hope to be so equipped at least with wheel/shifter/pedals hardware ASAP, and most importantly hope to be able to learn to drive that well :)

If it is a video posted with a rating then only the author has the right to respond so you would have to go to youtube or @ them here. If it is a post somewhere within this thread you could again @ that person here.
Edit: I see it was LilSki. Just add an @ symbol before the name for someone to receive a notification that you have tagged them :)

@RS10
Have you done any modding for AC? I don't see any resources from you, but you attack a modder that shared his (hundreds+ hours of) work for free?! Sometimes I just can't grasp the amount of selfishness/entitlement from ppl. like you. :(

the wet track from a.fracasso (submitted by @Albs ) have water spray, is there something we need to do to have water spray from your Goodwood wet track?
First backup your Goodwood Wet surfaces.ini as this will cause a checksum mismatch online and then paste over everything in that .ini with this (it just needs "DIRT_ADDITIVE=" to be above 0 for all the surfaces you want to have spray on, I put max value for puddles and 0.8 for pretty much everywhere else... oh and if you try to use this without the "wet mod" being enabled you will have dirt kicking up everywhere instead of water.):

[SURFACE_0]
KEY=ROAD
FRICTION=0.85
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.8
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.01
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.01

[SURFACE_1]
KEY=KERB
FRICTION=0.60
DAMPING=0
WAV=kerb.wav
WAV_PITCH=1.3
FF_EFFECT=1
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.6
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.4
VIBRATION_LENGTH=1.5

[SURFACE_2]
KEY=GRASS
FRICTION=0.30
DAMPING=0.02
WAV=grass.wav
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
IS_VALID_TRACK=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0.03
SIN_LENGTH=0.5
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.3
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.4

[SURFACE_3]
KEY=OFFTRACK
FRICTION=0.8
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.8
IS_VALID_TRACK=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.01
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.01

[SURFACE_4]
KEY=SAND
FRICTION=0.8
DAMPING=0.25
WAV=sand.wav
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=0
DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
IS_VALID_TRACK=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0.04
SIN_LENGTH=0.5
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.2
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.3

[SURFACE_5]
KEY=PIT
FRICTION=0.8
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.5
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=1
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_6]
KEY=RUBBERED
FRICTION=0.63
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.8
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.01
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.01

[SURFACE_7]
KEY=PURERUBBER
FRICTION=0.47
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.8
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.01
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.01

[SURFACE_8]
KEY=PUDDLE
FRICTION=0.03
DAMPING=0.045
WAV=sand.wav
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.01
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.01

[SURFACE_9]
KEY=CUT
FRICTION=0.68
DAMPING=0.03
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.8
IS_VALID_TRACK=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=7
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.01
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.01

Kool, I used to think that this setting only adds dirt to the cars body. Will have to try when I'll launch AC.
Yep, without the "wet mod" installed it will just look like when you drive off road with dirt being kicked up whilst you drive on the grey stuff but when you use it with the wet mod it will look like this:

thank you @Andy-R I will try it.
Enjoy! The only edited line is that dirt one so you can always have a go at making your own. I assume that a higher value means more dirt/spray and I couldn't notice much difference between track spray and puddle spray so you could try knocking the track surfaces down to 0.6 or so. You could even make a few for different rain conditions with lower "DIRT_ADDITIVE=" values all around for when you want to use light rain effects :)

I have only tried this once so don't know much about it, I'm not sure if the spray is speed sensitive. If it isn't I guess it will look better to keep the pit lane value much lower than track values. I should have another play with this myself at some point!

@Andy-R the spray was not working on the wet track following the changes I made, but as I was doing a quick race on the dry track, sure enough, LOL, I had spray. I now realize that the modification to surface.ini has to be done in wet/data folder, not the data folder.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back