Tracks Goodwood Circuit

Screenshots betatesting showcase time yay ! Are you happy ? Alright then, lets check whats going on.

Redone Daffodils.
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_goodwood_circuit_29_12_117_23_0_3.jpg
|
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_goodwood_circuit_29_12_117_23_4_7.jpg

Working on Hydragea aka Hortensia aka That one toxic plant. Pretty difficult to get it right, still needs adjustments. It is still too much this or that.
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_goodwood_circuit_29_12_117_22_55_40.jpg

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_goodwood_circuit_29_12_117_22_57_23.jpg

Trying to improve kerbs textures and mapping. Including much too dark Hortensia leaves. Not long ago found out how useful are filter galeries in photoshop, for example for adding detail to normal maps:
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_goodwood_circuit_29_12_117_23_1_56.jpg

Added some weeds to the place to be, KSLAYER4, probably will double them by making KSLAYER5, because seems a bit sparse. Had some trouble with them today, skipped dinner, but hey it ended well. Thankfully I had some potatoes and a steak half ready, so I'm still alive :D (#godsavethemodder)
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_goodwood_circuit_29_12_117_23_10_50.jpg

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_goodwood_circuit_29_12_117_23_12_24.jpg

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_goodwood_circuit_29_12_117_23_16_35.jpg

One day boy.... one day...

The flowers on the Hydrangeas are hemispherical... I don't think they're ever going to look quite right as flat planes. Since they're close to the track and such an iconic part of Goodwood, I'd say it's worth the polies to give them a little 3d love.

Yeah, they aren't exactly realistic, leaves aren't flat wither, and are more like cones. I haven't experimented with that plant 3D model so much. I have the source model in separate file, which will be easy to improve or edit in future. I wish to improve it someday in the future, as well as some other details, as for example higher poly more realistic bariers. But all those things requires not only modeling but also performance. Right now I'll have hydrageas as KSLAYER3 maybe. Which means that they would appear with medium graphical settings.

I could actually remove them completely, as they aren't there in members meeting, only bare branches. I could remove daffodils, as they aren't there in revival.

Maybe AC2 will be moddable, lets hope for that.

I'd try placing a small Y-tree inside your hemispherical hydrangeas, just to give them that added extra density, and would only add an extra 12 faces

@Fat-Alfie Thats probably good idea, but perhaps wouldn't fit this exact model. Will try it out sometime in the future. This particular model was inspired by Playerunknown's Battlegrounds game.

Today I have pushed forward to this 3D grass thing. I have chosen to seek for something similar like this:
xyJWiTL.jpg

A few hours of work, I have been adding planes which are not dense at all, but it summed up to 300 000 vertices anyway. Previously whole track was 1 000 000.

First result was disappointing, no colors, almost worse than better look.
8lW3624.jpg

uIYGWoG.jpg

8Th1uB8.jpg

Was only visible from low angle, and with large fov. Even thought just to remove. But then had an idea to make blooms larger in the texture. And it was much better then.

GU6P4Be.jpg

LbNNqUX.jpg

HprUYX5.jpg
bh3wQLz.jpg

I suppose that it would be weird if Kunos would make a step back regarding the mods. Would be slightly sad indeed. But in the opposite scenario it would be epic. Imagine all the existing mods being facelifted... Goodwood in real simulated rain, Goodwood in true virtual night, rain and night at the same time.... dynamic stuff.... maybe maybe maybe, all other tracks...

Anyway it is a wishlist. There is one more serious subject, I have.

I wonder if there are some people who would like to do some testing. I need some opinions, and help. I'm looking for the right people. Those who shows up as betatesters just to try my work earlier than others are not welcome for this task.

I'm looking for simracers for further testing of this mod.

I suppose that it would be weird if Kunos would make a step back regarding the mods. Would be slightly sad indeed. But in the opposite scenario it would be epic. Imagine all the existing mods being facelifted... Goodwood in real simulated rain, Goodwood in true virtual night, rain and night at the same time.... dynamic stuff.... maybe maybe maybe, all other tracks...

Anyway it is a wishlist. There is one more serious subject, I have.

I wonder if there are some people who would like to do some testing. I need some opinions, and help. I'm looking for the right people. Those who shows up as betatesters just to try my work earlier than others are not welcome for this task.

I'm looking for simracers for further testing of this mod.
Just spotted this. I'm well and truely back playing AC (now I have the Rift) after my foray into AMS. I'm always happy to test stuff as you know. If you still need some more testers give me a shout.

I will probably update today, or tomorrow.

On the final note before updating seems, like I solved puddles issue, I think. It turns out that NM map color matters a lot, even if it is flat :D It was wrong color, and turns out thats why specularity and reflections from some angles didn't work, I think. I also improved the color of puddles, now more natural. Plus I have increased wet track grip a bit, so it is funkier now - very drivable in Optimum, and gets hard only bellow green now, it is fun how line changes even between Optimum - Dusty, not only between Wet and Dry versions, and it just happens.

Don't get tricked, I was working almost only for "dry" version, just finished now with wet version, tiny tiny details, but made me quite happy.

I had a go at the wet version in the GT40 a little while ago, it was good fun trying to hunt for a workable line :) It seemed like there were some patches of standing water on some of the crests? Or am I mistaken. If there are, maybe it would be better to have the patches of standing water in the dips and on the flat areas only?

Crests has a tendency to make cars experience upwards motion, negative vertical Gs, and it is more noticeable with lower grip level. AC in general is too friendly for crests and anythign that involves wheels lifting off the ground, should be very noticeable even in dry. There should be very light effect of that at Forwater, going down at St.Marys, and more noticeable when going up out of St.Marys. Fast cars nearly jumps there.

My setup consists of fake pudles which are visible, which gives fake "dynamic hidroplaning". And out of "viscous hydroplaning" which is basically invisible threat, and happens when the surface is smooth enough to create one smooth very thin layer of water. It is the reason why some parts strangely become more slippery than nearby surface parts. Those parts will be rubbered tarmac, or tarmac heavily polished by lots of usage. Tarmac tends to get more polished or ruberred in the curves on racing lines, in braking zones, exit zones, big dips where car gets pressed down heavily...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.9%