Tracks Goodwood Circuit

Maybe it is some kind of prevention against stealing, or if some would consider "borrowing" . Maybe rF2 uses some kind of different scaling for physical irregularities for some tracks. Or thats just a poor RIP.

I would like this thread to be about Goodwood though. You might as well complain about how bumpy it is too, nevermind. Just do it.

Magic place, certainly I would love someday to drive in this track. If I'd ever happen to get there.

I think I would like to do an onboard preview videos for wet and for dry tracks, perhaps from bonnet view to focus more. But my internet is just too terrible for uploading. :/

Magic place, certainly I would love someday to drive in this track. If I'd ever happen to get there.

I think I would like to do an onboard preview videos for wet and for dry tracks, perhaps from bonnet view to focus more. But my internet is just too terrible for uploading. :/
You can send me the replay file , just tell me what lap number ? you want recorded and uploaded

Began with some 3D Hortensia attempts today. ~950verts with doubled faces. Not final.
Ep9FK17.jpg

Looks good, but if all hortensia objects are a far away from track, create a half of the sphere and map it with one texture/texture atlas. ;)

They are quite close from 3to5m away from the road they are planted in grid area. Probably ~60plants. I think I will use the 3D one for 10-20 which are closest to the track. Perhaps will do another model with less vertices for less noticeable, smaller plants...

I don't know how to create such texture for sphere bush, also I can't imagine how good it possibly would look from the top.

Begining to work with new terrain texture. Tweaking texture, shaders, colors, cleaning, improving...

Wb9to2X.jpg

H9J7u1O.jpg
50T0R6B.jpg

Also have done one new camera set. Can't to improve so many things :)

Thats the wishlists for missing features in simracing condensated in the clouds and fallen down as tears of sky.

Caterham is plenty of fun though, such a great car mod. And I'm not even sure if I have updated it since first release.

Here is how hills in distance should look like. But Kunos use way too strong default natural "distance fog", so had to be modded to look like that.
mgNgpiF.jpg

M9MsM6v.jpg

Still quite far from this real look, but that hill really lacks when it is desaturated by natural fog even in clear weathers
6T8PrS2.jpg

Tweaking Hortensia, I think I still have to adujst it.
Wk9DLiY.jpg

Hills in the distance cut down by rendering distance. Grasstotarmac fade object is a bit off.
Cj5TJ8j.jpg

It`s not perfect, obviously, given the lack of environmental effects, but I am enjoying the wet version of the track now and again. Turned out a lot better than I thought it would :)

Thanks, I think so too. Even if it is not up to standards of some. But for some who badly wants to get something similar it should be plenty of fun. I really enjoy rediscovering the cars, because they feels like undriven before, and placebo kicks in at some times very well.

I have taken a tour around Goodwood circuit in google street view today. I found it interesting that most of the roads are surrounded by hedges or bushes. So I hardly could look around. Found few nice things:

Never knew that big factory next to the Madgwick is Rolls-Royce factory
bHyJn39.jpg

Probably before entering
DQS5ZYF.jpg

Landing nice aircraft
GHaqJRo.jpg

The track itself is more than fine, and a worthy representation of the Goodwood we all know and love. The wet version is, simply due to the game engine, lacking a lot of what is needed to properly represent a wet track. As it is though, it's a lot of fun. The surface looks great. It's as patchy as you could hope for, and it's a very unpredictable ride.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 112 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 117 13.5%