Tracks Goodwood Circuit

:cool:How to drive in wet :whistling: layout of Goodwood Circuit in Assetto Corsa:thumbsup:

:coffee:

Basics

The very basic thing is to go slow, especially till you get a little bit more temps and pressure in your tires. Additionally till you get in the rhythm. Getting in the rhythm is very important after long time of driving only in the best possible conditions so you would be as high as possible in the fastest laptimes tables. Forget the tables - now you are surviving. You still can use "ideal conditions" and then you'll have something what is just above damp.

1. Madgwick.
2. Fordwater.
3. NO NAME.
4. St. Marys
5. Lavant
6. Woodcote

7. Chicane

1. Brake off line, and aim to go wide. Avoid puddle on the exit and be extra careful when crossing the racing line.
2. Turn in just slightly later than usually, keep the speed low to avoid puddle in the exit.
3. Brake earlier. With some cars it is much better to go wide all the way. Some cars can just slide through the slippery part of usual racing line.
4. Thousand ways to take this curve. You can slowly stay inside. You can shooth through racing line and get grip on the outside, or you can keep outside all the way. Slippery at braking zone.
5. Slightly oily area. Keep of the racing line on entry by going wide. You will also have to go very slowly, because it is very easy to end up in gravel trap. From mid corner to exit stay very very slow, because tarmac is super polished there and rather rubbered. You can try stay in the inside to put the power down earlier or figh the car in more usual line. But don't go totally by the normal racing line.
6. Brake on inside, and stay on inside, midcorner outside is oily, rubbered and polished. be careful on exit as you'll be crossing the racing line, and there is a puddle on the exit apex.

7. better enter slowly, so you could exit quicker and avoid very slippery are with puddles close to the kerb.

How not to do:

Don't start as if it was your usual flat out from the first moment routine, and don't exit when you'll just spin out in the first turn :thumbsdown:, because you'll be surprised how much slower the ting goes.

:coffee:

So we told for them, all 32 of them - don't go to pits all in once during the pit window !

Yc7wvAP.jpg

I have really compressed them. Actually still lecked place for 5 cars, so I parked them around the corner lol

AI is working good now, well almost... When I took 32 727B 7 off them gone off track and retired in first corner. Alfa Romeo GTA seemed very good, just perhaps slightly slowish. Almost no incidents in chicane, except when I didn't give room for AI

Separate fast_lane for wet track.

I suppose track is 70-80percents complete. When driving around it seems like ~90percents complete to me, a bit more work is left with small stuff, and less visible or more distant objects. One of the bigger things missing is vertical grass, though I don't miss it, but it would make good sense a bit further from the nicely mowed lawn.

Wet and dry tracks are sharing same physical mesh. And I have smoothed some parts a little. Perhaps a few bumps could still be slightly reduced at the exit of Fordwater, before braking into "No Name".

But I have no problems, not saying that everything is ideal what depends on my touch (some bumps are very obvious in videos). But I was happy before already, but I have done slight improvements because I agreed that there could have been a bit too much between madgwick and fordwater, and then in some spots around lavant straight. Even with P1 I could lap very nicely now, and that car reacts to bumps.

I have no luxury of betatesters who would work regularly with me. So some guys who doesn't even think that my work is worth a normal equipment to judge, will take a gaming pad, and will say that it is rubbish bumpy and so on.... Won't be surprised.

Don't expect the track to be billiard table smooth, it just is not.

But there could be a bump or two too big, as well as a few bumps might be too small. What do you want ?

I won't pretend I'm interested in testing the wet version (never been my thing, no secret) but you can send me experimental road meshes all you like. ;)

Hey :)
I am currently taking part in a Goodwood Festival series where we use your track ,
We have done 4 rounds so far , 1 hour Races or 2 x 30 min Races, In 14 days the last round will take place using Lotus 49 and Ferrari F1 67, We haven't encountered any serious problems with the track :)
When we used the GTO 250 , 1 driver did a 1,27,900 at grip 98 ;) ..
So if you have any specific questions regarding the track your welcome to ask..
They are all hardcore online drivers..

Video: by Hese 66

Last edited:
This is what you wrote in your review :)

"Now it only needs a few more track objects ( not many ) and a fully functional pit area so it can be used in this years Goodwood Revival in the virtual world , which usually takes place between christmas and new year's eve ."

So now I'm bringing an update for you guys.

1'27'9 thats really great laptime. But with 98 grip !!! What !!! Thats really unbelievably quick, that guy is really skilled, thats for sure.

If I have specific questions then I'm usually looking for answers immediately. To have the questions is the main thing.

I've seen the video before, thats some nice work, a lot of different angles.

This is what you wrote in your review :)

"Now it only needs a few more track objects ( not many ) and a fully functional pit area so it can be used in this years Goodwood Revival in the virtual world , which usually takes place between christmas and new year's eve ."

So now I'm bringing an update for you guys.

1'27'9 thats really great laptime. But with 98 grip !!! What !!! Thats really unbelievably quick, that guy is really skilled, thats for sure.

If I have specific questions then I'm usually looking for answers immediately. To have the questions is the main thing.

I've seen the video before, thats some nice work, a lot of different angles.
I mean I can ask the drivers if they think there are any details that should be updated ??

I didn't mean to offend with my comment about feeling I was on a pogo stick. For all I know, the real world Goodwood is very bumpy. I haven't tried every car/class on your new Goodwood circuit yet, but what I have discovered so far is that it's only extremely bumpy with current generation race cars. I guess that makes sense considering the rigid chassis of modern race cars. I haven't tried modern supercars yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they felt quite rigid too. :cool: I was having the same experience with Sebring from the gentleman doing the Project Reboot tracks.

Great work! I've already fallen in love with this layout. :D

I have tried Project Reboot Monaco 66, which is from rF2 - and it is terrible. Undrivable, feels like potato garden. I hope Sebring is not the same which you are comparing my Goodwood to.

I haven't drove each and every car, but not every modern car was bouncing as much in Goodwood. Less cosy was, I'd say, Yellowbird, P1, E30 Gr.A, 911 GT3 Cup. For example 918 spider always was alright. P1 was even stiffer at the beginning of 2017, when I was working on Nemuno Ziedas, later it very obviously got tweeked. I just took Gold in Super Car race achievement in Nordschleife with P1, and things gets really hairy here and there :D

My new Goodwood version is a little bit smoother at few places.

Yes you can test from ACM, it is available now as 0.8 there. I will wait for right time to release at RD as well.

But if you really want the track, then registering to ACM won't seem a hard task.

Respect, Love you, Have Fun. Don't Crash.

Yes you can test from ACM, it is available now as 0.8 there. I will wait for right time to release at RD as well.

But if you really want the track, then registering to ACM won't seem a hard task.

Respect, Love you, Have Fun. Don't Crash.
TOP going to have a look at it

Sebring on reboot site was recently updated and the mesh was fixed. Monaco has not been fixed and is straight out of rf2. Interesting how it drives fine in rf2 but drives like a minefield in AC.

Sebring on reboot site was recently updated and the mesh was fixed. Monaco has not been fixed and is straight out of rf2. Interesting how it drives fine in rf2 but drives like a minefield in AC.
Yes, I so much like Monaco 66 but until someone fixes the mesh it's just impossible to use. Sad because the Ferrari 312 67 would love it.

It is very possible to use just buy rF2, and you can use it. I still had to download it from steam workshops though....

But they don't have my Goodwood Circuit. I would like a conversion to happen. But some elements should have to change, or be removed.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%