F1 2011 Good wheels for Xbox?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey,

Currently I'm on my second madcatz wireless racing wheel since Christmas and it's gone faulty again, so I'm looking for a good steering wheel for the xbox. Whenever I do searches the same wheels keep coming up, such as the Ferrari 458 wheel. I have a madcatz mc2 but am not fussed on it. Are there any good wheels out there? I'm not looking to spend more than £100-150 max.

If you were able to up your budget slightly I would suggest the entry level csr wheel and pedals by fanatec. I have just purchased it, although the settings take time to master I am well impressed with my wheel and have begun to learn my racing games all over again.

Check out fanatecs website etc for more information.

I'm sure some more experienced guys on here will be able to help you more than myself tho.

Good luck

Right, this is probably a stupid question but I'm guessing it is compatible with F1 2011? as I see it's licensed by turn10 and has the Forza logo plastered on it. The d-pad looks really tiny though, is it awkward to change the tyres/fuel with the d-pad that small?

Right, this is probably a stupid question but I'm guessing it is compatible with F1 2011? as I see it's licensed by turn10 and has the Forza logo plastered on it. The d-pad looks really tiny though, is it awkward to change the tyres/fuel with the d-pad that small?

Its great for F1 2011. The D pad is actually a little toggle / joystick. Works better than d pad.

Victor I guess it may come down to budget.
If Gareth has targetted £150.00 he will need to stretch to just get the CSR and CSR pedals.
That said the price now for the pack with the elite pedals (and geartstick) is only about £20 more than what I paid for the standard ones with the value pack..

No there are not.

I spent many hours on this subject.
Its one of those times where as the young apprentice carpenter asks the experienced carpenter whether he should buy the cheap tools or the good ones?
The older guy asks "will you eventually own a good set?"
Is the answer is yes then the only variable is how much money you blow on junk between now and then!

Hey Gareth,

I know that's always hard but if you're almost there I guess waiting some more weeks wouldn't hurt - it's hard but you'll ultimately be the winner in the end.

Just keep in mind that you'll get a far superior wheel and that it'll probably outlast (and outperform, of course) a cheap wheel by far. :)

I agree completely, I'm glad I paid a bit extra for the csr, I looked at the madcatz originally but after about an hours research I knew straight away I would have to pay the extra.

The only thing I am not really impressed with are the entry level csr pedals, although probably better than the usual two pedal set up I wish I had paid the extra for the elites.

I would really like to try them out just to see how much of an improvement there is but I don't know anybody or anywhere in Scotland that I could.

Anyone know if there is a better feel with both the accelerator and brake?

Definitely if possible save up a little bit longer, you won't regret it, I'm finally getting the settings right and loving it!

Some very good points, I guess it's probably better to save a bit longer, I'll be getting a refund for the madcatz when I send it back so that's £90 I can put towards the csr. I haven't looked at the fanatec site in detail, is there a two pedal option that I could get as I'm not keen on the three pedal setup

From what I've seen I would have to buy the elite pedals and the wheel separately, which would cost 350 euros; 200 for the wheel and 150 for the pedals. The value pack is 250 all in. Do you guys fix the wheel to a table top? at the moment I put the madcatz on my lap as it has leg supports.

I have the wheel on a table this now but am currently building my DIY sim rig. Csr is just unbelievable value, I think I am right in saying the csr standard pedals will be a lot better than your madcatz. There is an xl value pack from fanatec for 350 I think that includes the better pedals.

Save up mate, only advice I could give, I'm getting my setting spot on for f1 and forza and it is great fun, I'm keeping up with my mates on controllers now lol

Wish some of these companies had a demo shop or outlet in certain areas that you could try before you buy tho. It does seem very expensive before you try one but hey oh.

Good luck

Yes, agree there, that's actually how I started getting more into the sim racing. I still say it would be good to have somewhere to test the wheels on the market before stumping up 200+ pounds/euros/dollars etc. problem being everybody is different lol.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back