Good Muscle Car mods ?

I know the rules ,check the post #17 its the same mod that was posted in the AC forum but the link is taked from a web that host alot of riped mods and thus i only post the link to the download to not break the rules here ,but if a moderator think is againts the rules please delete the link .

I know the rules ,check the post #17 its the same mod that was posted in the AC forum but the link is taked from a web that host alot of riped mods and thus i only post the link to the download to not break the rules here ,but if a moderator think is againts the rules please delete the link .

AFAIK, posting download links to any mod that isn't hosted at RaceDeparment is against the rules here, doesn't matter if it's ripped or not.

The 70s performance Mustangs are on this site. Quality mod.

Love the 302R. 1400 kilo's, 392 bhp. Rivals the Mini Cooper S App. K. :roflmao:

Last edited:
I grew up in the muscle car era as well and really wanted a fleet of decent driving (realistic if possible) classic muscle cars in my large stable. There are a few out there that are pretty good but you have to spend the time searching them out and trying them. You also need to know your way around swapping and modifying files between cars to get what you want and you need to enjoy doing it. I have spent hours and hours doing this with muscle cars and Corvettes and I now have a pretty decent fleet. There are several things that are critical to have any success doing this. First of all you need to know those cars fairly well as they were in real life. You need to know which models were on the same chassis with mainly just sheet metal changes between them. Eg 1970 GM "A" body cars included the Chevrolet Chevelle, Pontiac GTO/Lemans, Olds Cutlass, and Buick Skylark. They were all on the same basic chassis with similar powertrain options. Pay attention to who originally authored the cars as it is easier to swap files between cars that were made by the same modder *especially* when it comes to suspension and alignment specs. I generally won't mess with suspension graphics and graphic offsets between models. Also note that if you are changing a car from a small block to a big block or vice versa there is a lot more involved to do a decent job of it. You need to adjust other things such as total mass, center of gravity, suspension stiffness, etc. I am far from being a pro at this kind of thing but I have had hours of enjoyment learning about it and driving my modded muscle cars. Smallblock Hero has recreated at large number of muscle cars and some are better than others as he progressively got better at doing them. My favorite one of his that drives just great 'right out of the box' is his 1969 Camaro Z28 302 with the stock horsepower spec. I now have three different versions of this car in my stable as I have swapped in different small blocks with higher horsepower specs. Another decent one that comes to mind is the 1970 Pontiac Firebird by ACVR. It is a great driving and looking car and is a good platform to use for specs for other GM F body cars from that era.
Experiment, have fun and learn. You really can't wreck anything with the simulator.

There are exactly as many good muscle car mods for AC as there were good muscle cars IRL.
Aaaaaaaaaand....this is just not true. There are plenty of awesome muscle cars. Do they handle well? Absolutely not. But if you can't see what's so amazing and charming and lovable about old detroit muscle then perhaps you have no business telling other people that their car opinions are wrong? Lol

Aaaaaaaaaand....this is just not true. There are plenty of awesome muscle cars. Do they handle well? Absolutely not. But if you can't see what's so amazing and charming and lovable about old detroit muscle then perhaps you have no business telling other people that their car opinions are wrong? Lol

I especially like the part where you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not entitled to mine.

But yeah, muscle cars are boring.

Maybe a few exist somewhere but I'm yet to find a muscle car in simulation, that handles worth a darn.
For some crazy and yet to be determined reason, many modders seem to believe muscle cars all handle and stop like boats.
I've never driven any of the Dodge series but I have driven a few old 70s Corvettes and Fords.
The ones I tried, were actually very good at turning and stopping and none were race-prepared.
They were all 'bone' stock daily drivers.
I almost never choose old American cars in simulation software because I know I'll be sorely disappointed in how the handling is modeled.

Chevrolet is the main offender of putting bad handling on their cars in the 60s, they overcompensated for the Corvair's reputation of rolling over by making sure none of their cars could ever have negative front camber in corners. As soon as a Camaro or Chevelle or whatever rolls entering a corner, you get a lot of positive camber on the outside front, which means understeer. It's not like they can't corner or something, they just wouldn't keep up with a sportscar.

Stopping is not a problem for street driving, they come with enough brakes to do one panic brake but for the most part (unless you go full on cop suspension package) not enough to hotlap.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years