Good little tool for many GTR2/GTL folders

Durge Driven

2000RPM
Original poster
Jun 17, 2017
I like to do fresh W10 for every new media tool, update other drivers etc.
I also like many GTR2, PnG and GTL folders

The thing I have always disliked about fresh OS was having to reset admin and compatibility to all the exe and config.exe......I have at any time 10+ folders so when you have 20 to do it's tiresome

Anyway over the years I asked everywhere, also No grip and other sim sites for years how to retain admin/compat. and never got a answer

Found this the other day
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_compatibility_view.html

Start app
drag and drop every exe and config.exe you have
highlight all and set your admin / compat. choices
WUNDERBAR !. :barefoot:

I hope there is someone lives with same predicament so next fresh OS puts a smile on their face

You can see it even keeps installs not present ( I have on old 60GB SSD through a USB 3.0 dock)

Last edited:
Reactions: gwaldock and GTR233

Durge Driven

2000RPM
Original poster
Jun 17, 2017
Something I forgot to mention .............. :ninja:

Registry is:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Export and keep for Fresh Windows

edit: Forgot ....if you use Runaff (Set processor infinity ) as I do add all it's shortcuts to list as well as they will stop working upon fresh OS too

Last edited:

Durge Driven

2000RPM
Original poster
Jun 17, 2017
Since GTR233 adds to Anniversary

There can be potential issue with re saving the registry for added content etc.

You will see 2 AppCompatFlags in registry First one is the app

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags

2. If you look in it's registry you will a see list of anything you have ever installed or ran on your PC

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store

So if you re-save registry for added sim installs it will keep everything in "Store" list

Not a problem within itself but if you use same registry for 2 towers, change drive letters or use a external drive it could be , was for me

So my advice each time you export registry first delete everything in that Store list

Last edited: