Good DIY aluminium profile sim rig instructions?

Bez

All the gear, no idea...
are there any go to/tried and tested instructions for DIY projects using aluminium profile, I've found a couple but wondered if there was a definitive design people use.

Edit: or a good premade aluminium profile rig on sale?

The weird thing is, when I click your original link, I can still navigate to his pictures fine :)

Well the last drawing I uploaded, the 'budget' version of my plans are quite similar to what he ended up building. The main difference is he has pedals mounted in an inverted way. With my rig design, the exact same is possible with some adjustments. With his design, you have to probably settle for inverted only.

The bigger profiles I used are 45x90, in Tonny's design, he probably used 40x120 like these:
http://www.motedis.com/shop/Groef-p...nium-profiel-40x120-B-type-groef-10::774.html

Taking those measurements, maybe you can extrapolate measurements for the rest of his rig. Width wise, I think you are looking at 68 to 78 cm or for his rig. Height of the profiles doesn't matter too much, I think even with some pen and paper and a chair of your own and somebody to help out, you could quite easily work out the measurements.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
THX William, that would be swell.
One thing i have as a demand is that the pedal base or the front of the rig is no higher than 70cm so i can be placed under a desk and gaining some room.
ps, for your work if interested i have a spare GameStockCarExtreme key lying around;)
And do not mind the money/cost when drawing.............:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0
No need for that ;)

So you want the pedal base to represent the pictures you posted then? Will make it 50cm high, wheel post 70cm. Pedal base will be set-up for inverted CSP's, it'll be super easy to adjust to regular mounted pedals. Pedalbase will be 45x90 (for increased stability) and 45x45. I wonder how much this will rig will amount to, it does sound cheap :) I'll probably run it by my brother as well cause I figure he might even be interested as well! I'm really hoping I can keep the price around the 150 euros mark, would be better than 1600!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Kurt Vanhee I can and will not guarantee any monitor rig I draw up will hold its weight. I myself will purchase a standard monitor stand which has been built and tested for a certain weight and monitor size.

Nevertheless, I hope this is what you had in mind.
There should be a panel of your own making between the wheel mounting posts, or an additional two bars of profile. The pedal mount part is suitable for direct mounting of the Heusinkveld pedals but will also accept the mounting plate. If you are using high brake pressures though, I would suggest the way of mounting the pedals the way I planned for my personal rig (which I now officially dub the AluRevs rig :p), which should give you more strength. Right now for this design I feel there might be too much strain on the pedals themselves as they function as a crossmember between the pedal mounting posts.

I think you should be able to calculate what this design costs to order from here :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The profile bars for the pedals are 4 times 45x90x50? Mounting plate should be installed to rest my feet;)
Looking for a different wheelbase mounting.

Should htere not be a xtra profile bar for the seat mounting? Or would you slide the one between the wheelbase back?

Upvote 0
The profile bars for the pedals are 4 times 45x90x50? Mounting plate should be installed to rest my feet;)
Will install it for you for the next version.
Looking for a different wheelbase mounting.
Such as? :p I can do what I did for my own design, used with a csw.

Should htere not be a xtra profile bar for the seat mounting? Or would you slide the one between the wheelbase back?
The latter :)

Upvote 0
Since your fanatec base is attached with only 3 bolts, I found the example you posted less than ideal in this case. This is how I did it on my previous designs, easy peasy, and sturdy :)

If you want another alternative, I suggest you look for something you like again :)

Upvote 0
Hmmm been busy abit with May-Cad:confused:
Alu Rig.PNG

Have this file in differents formats.

Upvote 0
Nice work William:thumbsup:
Would move the middle profiles, one to the end and another one where the wheel base is.
And 2 bars on top for the seat, abit more like i did in my picture. Altough make the middle one, at wheelbase, 45x90.
Will have to measure is i can lenghten it abit more to around 1800mm.
The wheelbase is flippable:p, i presume?

Only thing to tackle is that triple monitor support for my 27" Dells.
Found some interesting accessoires to make the angles.
http://www.motedis.com/shop/Dynamic...Gezamenlijke-180G-45x90-groef-8-10::1366.html

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back