good and bad weather

Misc good and bad weather 3.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey man, I really like those new weathers, good job !! Do you know if content manager will be updated to make use of them with the real conditions feature (based on time perhaps) ?
I think if @x4fab got the time, he will do - weather selection before 8:00 and after 18:00. if this feature is there i will link them to real weathers.

ATM he is very busy with his online features update of Content Manager...

not yet - i didn't linked them in the "use as" option in the weather, because atm the "real conditions" feature doesn't work with times before 8:00 and after 18:00.

Oh, sorry - I read page 6:
6. try real conditions
Content Manager provides an
automatic weather selection
by real weather data.
Select “Real conditions“.
Daytime, temperature and the
weather is selected by data
from OpenWeatherMap

Oh, sorry - I read page 6:
6. try real conditions
Content Manager provides an
automatic weather selection
by real weather data.
Select “Real conditions“.
Daytime, temperature and the
weather is selected by data
from OpenWeatherMap
all the other weathers in gbW are working with "real conditions". just the dusk and dawns are not linked.
BTW, is the quick guide ok - should i change something?

Ah, ok, sorry :redface:

And yes, the Quick Guide was very helpful. It was really nice to find helpful installation instructions, and it just reflects the overall quality of this package. Again, thank you! :thumbsup:

I really like that you included a pic of each weather type, really makes it convenient when deciding on which one to use. Why are the pics of the new weathers showing three slightly different images?
110_gbW_dusk of Equinox.jpg

I really like that you included a pic of each weather type, really makes it convenient when deciding on which one to use. Why are the pics of the new weathers showing three slightly different images?
View attachment 164021
esp. for the dusks and dawns i show the different times/stages of it.
Left = 12:00 / Middle = 9:15 / Right = 8:00
So you can see on one picture the colors/brightness and their evolution in time.

For a almost real usage of this, just set time compression to something 6-10 and you have a nice sunset/sunrise with wonderful changing colors. i set the cloud-speed to 0 for this reason...

Peter Boese updated good and bad weathers with a new update entry:

le quattro stagioni

ecro0FF.jpg

CHANGELOG of VERSION 2.6

- removed "101_gbW_few clouds 1"
- removed "101_gbW_few clouds 2"
- removed "101_gbW_few clouds 3"

- new textures for few clouds

- new "101_gbW_few Spring": a mild and semi-bright weather
- new "101_gbW_few Summer": a warm and bright weather
- new "101_gbW_few Autumn": a cool and semi-bright weather
- new "101_gbW_few Winter": a cold and dark weather

- brighter ambient light of the dusks and dawns for better driving:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

God is my witness, I really try. I try and I try, I try...

For a start, I'm 100% sure I've installed it all as it should be. Then, I use content manager. Btw,
thanks for this one, now I use it all the time, it's much faster. at least one good thing came out of it...:D
This is how your "gbW_Rain heavy cold" screen looks like:
109_gb_W_rain_heavy_cold.jpg

And now mine:
acs_2017_01_21_00_44_17_50.jpg

It's Brand Hatch short, same weather, time 10:30 (since I'm not sure what was the time when you take a shot. but don't think time would change a lot) AND! - yes, I used your PP filter, as you can see in lower right corner. Do they look the same ?

But, ok... when you figure "it doesn't work, *uck it", then I try some other weather, in this case it was "gbW_Hot". And, voila... it seems that it actually - works !?! :confused:
This is your version of "gbW_Hot" weather:
105_gb_W_hot.jpg

And this is mine. Almost the same:
acs_2017_01_20_23_44_59_88.jpg

Wtf, you, as I -believe me- did, say.
Also, changing to other pp filters, does change a things like lighting but there's no those clouds, nooo. And, yes, it is checked in CM to use custom clouds. It's not that in case you wonder.
Really... not sure what to do. Does it or does it not. To use it partially or it just waste space on my hard drive (it's quite heavy mod you know).

So... any ideas ? :geek:

The cloudy weathers all work for me, which is good news for you, as it means the answer is out there somewhere. :)

Have you tried freshening up your AC install with a Steam integrity check? It can be a pain if you've customized a bunch of ini files or sounds, but sometimes it fixes weird issues like this in the process.

God is my witness, I really try. I try and I try, I try...

For a start, I'm 100% sure I've installed it all as it should be. Then, I use content manager. Btw,
thanks for this one, now I use it all the time, it's much faster. at least one good thing came out of it...:D
This is how your "gbW_Rain heavy cold" screen looks like:
109_gb_W_rain_heavy_cold.jpg

And now mine:
acs_2017_01_21_00_44_17_50.jpg

It's Brand Hatch short, same weather, time 10:30 (since I'm not sure what was the time when you take a shot. but don't think time would change a lot) AND! - yes, I used your PP filter, as you can see in lower right corner. Do they look the same ?

But, ok... when you figure "it doesn't work, *uck it", then I try some other weather, in this case it was "gbW_Hot". And, voila... it seems that it actually - works !?! :confused:
This is your version of "gbW_Hot" weather:
105_gb_W_hot.jpg

And this is mine. Almost the same:
acs_2017_01_20_23_44_59_88.jpg

Wtf, you, as I -believe me- did, say.
Also, changing to other pp filters, does change a things like lighting but there's no those clouds, nooo. And, yes, it is checked in CM to use custom clouds. It's not that in case you wonder.
Really... not sure what to do. Does it or does it not. To use it partially or it just waste space on my hard drive (it's quite heavy mod you know).

So... any ideas ? :geek:
hi,

even if the clouds would be the issue, the weather is to bright. So i would check some things with you. Please make screenshots of:
the folder "\assettocorsa\content\weather\109_gbW_rain heavy cold"
the folder "\assettocorsa\content\weather\109_gbW_rain heavy cold\clouds"
and a screenshot of the weather in CM:
top right of CM goto "content", top left select "miscellanous", under this select "weather"
in the weather list select "gbW_Rain heavy cold"
at the bottom of CM select edit mode, if it isn't activated yet.
and then please make a screenshot of the whole settings.

thank you...

Peter Boese updated good and bad weathers with a new update entry:

Rifts in the Sky

rm2uKK4.jpg

CHANGELOG of VERSION 2.7

- new textures for broken clouds

- reworked "103_gbW_about to rain" new textures, other colors
- reworked "103_gbW_an ordinary day": new textures, other colors
- reworked "103_gbW_broken clouds cold": new and resampled old textures, other colors
- reworked "103_gbW_broken clouds warm": new textures, other colors

- using Content Manager feature "shadow deactivation" for the following weathers:
102_gbW_november...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back