good and bad weather

Misc good and bad weather 3.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
ok. so you really need Content Manager to get this working. first we try this without sweetfx and the ppfilter.

1. copy the folder "content" inside the zip to your Assetto Corsa main folder.
Should be something like this: "C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa"
This will copy my weathers to your weather-folder.

2. Run Content Manager !!!

3. Upper-left you have "single", "live", online" ....
Select "Single"

4. Below this, select "quick"

5. Select a car, a track and one of a "gbW"-weathers in the weather-list

6. select "GO" in the bottom-right corner

Now you should see the correct clouds

ok. so you really need Content Manager to get this working. first we try this without sweetfx and the ppfilter.

1. copy the folder "content" inside the zip to your Assetto Corsa main folder.
This will copy my weathers to your weather-folder.

Select "Single"

6. select "GO" in the bottom-right corner

Now you should see the correct clouds

looks like it works :) thanks again

dqgBeBQ.jpg

Now i'm gonna try the ppfilter and the new one from Boris

What a pity there seems to be no easy way to use the weathers online or at least in the "aftermath" for taking screenshots of an online-session. That would be so awesome!

Grüße aus Deutschland!

Peter Boese updated good and bad weathers with a new update entry:

water filled skies

hcgOWbS.jpg

gbW 2.4 "water filled skies" changelog

- revised fog settings of almost every weather
- optimized file size of all textures

- new textures for heavy clouds

- reworked weather: "sun breaks through 2" texture change, better colors
- reworked weather: "unpredictable" texture change, sunlight, better colors
- redone weather: "heavy clouds bright" blue sky with heavy clouds, without sunlight
- reworked weather: "rain heavy cold" texture change, better...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for your answers Peter.
Now that I read them I see the logic behind it, logic that has been hidden from me behind those HD clouds of yours. :geek: To say it from my semi-poet's point of view. :)
Actually, you convince me to try them once again, to see is there any performance hit and maybe I'll end up not downsize them at all. But I still think they could be (space wise) smaller - thanks to that dx5 format re-saving.
I believe that I know, at some extent at least:D, what I'm doing, since I've made one of the, if not the first, weather mod for Assetto Corsa here.
You can check it out if you already haven't.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/oh-so-real-weather-for-assetto-corsa-by-shnala.5697/
I would appreciate your opinion, though... not sure I would do any update since there's now so many better with much more options weather mods around here. With yours being on top of course. :)

Thank you for your answers Peter.
Now that I read them I see the logic behind it, logic that has been hidden from me behind those HD clouds of yours. :geek: To say it from my semi-poet's point of view. :)
Actually, you convince me to try them once again, to see is there any performance hit and maybe I'll end up not downsize them at all. But I still think they could be (space wise) smaller - thanks to that dx5 format re-saving.
I believe that I know, at some extent at least:D, what I'm doing, since I've made one of the, if not the first, weather mod for Assetto Corsa here.
You can check it out if you already haven't.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/oh-so-real-weather-for-assetto-corsa-by-shnala.5697/
I would appreciate your opinion, though... not sure I would do any update since there's now so many better with much more options weather mods around here. With yours being on top of course. :)

thats what i did. the textures are already in dx5 format in 2.4. if AC just would provide unique texture loading per weather, i wouldn't have to duplicate the textures for the weathers. that would save the most space. but on the other side - diskspace and reading times are not a problem these days - so i decided to do it this way...

thats what i did. the textures are already in dx5 format in 2.4. if AC just would provide unique texture loading per weather, i wouldn't have to duplicate the textures for the weathers. that would save the most space. but on the other side - diskspace and reading times are not a problem these days - so i decided to do it this way...
That's great to hear. :thumbsup:
You saved me then a lot of extra work !
So, great job and then again - great job. :)

Why SweetFX doesn't work for me ? :unsure:
Are you sure there's no any extra files needed ? Can you double checked it ?
I mean... I have some generic SweetFX stored in beckup on my hd and that folder has 8-10 files (depending on version) files and 1-2 folders. Your version have 3 files and one folder only ?!? :alien:
Many files are missing and for an example file "injector.ini" is missing and that file is used when you want to textually edit which key controls turn the effect on or off, key for shaders reload and make screenshot.
;toggle shader keycode
key_toggle = 44 ; 44 = PRINTSCREEN
;make screenshot keycode
key_screenshot = 145 ; 145 = the SCROLL_LOCK
;reload shader files keycode
key_reload = 19 ; 19 = the PAUSE key

Why SweetFX doesn't work for me ? :unsure:
Are you sure there's no any extra files needed ? Can you double checked it ?
I mean... I have some generic SweetFX stored in beckup on my hd and that folder has 8-10 files (depending on version) files and 1-2 folders. Your version have 3 files and one folder only ?!? :alien:
Many files are missing and for an example file "injector.ini" is missing and that file is used when you want to textually edit which key controls turn the effect on or off, key for shaders reload and make screenshot.
this version of sweetfx (eFX) doesn't need any more files.
- d3d11.dll (function library)
- efx.ini (configuration file) this is like the injector.ini (just have a look in it - you will find the key bindings there)
- SweetFX_preset.txt (the link to the preset-file -> /sweetfx/SweetFX_settings.txt)
- /sweetfx/shaders (the shader folder)
nothing more is needed. are you sure you have copied everything. just delete every old sweetfx related file and folder in AC-mainfolder and copy the gbw-sweetfx file again.

Do you use the "32bit" option in AC? This is the 64bit version of sweetFX. It doesn't work on 32bit...

Last edited:
May as well not bother with it then, going back to 32b just for SFX is pointless.

Edit: misunderstood, sorry. I do run 64b and your included SFX has never worked for me either, so I assumed it was the other way around.

While we're at it, is the SweetFX really needed? Can't the desired effects be done in PP filter alone? I had a look in the files and there seems to be quite a few things turned on, but all in all I only notice a brightness increase, and maybe some adjustments that make the dark areas a bit less pitch black. Especially with the 2.4 filter, there may not be a real need for further brightness boosts? Plus, the filter-over-filter triggers the OCD a bit. :D

Can't say for sure with these weathers, but I did use SFX with the Natural Mod for a while and it did make a difference... but a negligible one IMHO. I don't feel like I'm missing out now by not being able to get it working. (Then again it only cost me 5-7fps, so if I could get it working again I'd probably use it.)

It's confusing tbh.
I do run 64 bit version.
I see on screen that "is" active. I turn it on and off with pause key. Also I can display fps in the same top left screen. But what confuses me I don't see any effect in game. I know how sweetFX works I use it in many games and one of the best part of it the fact that it can be tuned "in flight", which is such a cool feature.

I set key for turning it on and off for pause key, since my keyboard doesn't have scroll lock (and I'm not the only one, maybe you could take this in consider in future) I... I just can't see any difference. I maxed even effects to be able to see any change but ...nah.
Really have run out of ideas here.

And, yes, I almost forget... :D your clouds also doesn't work for me either. I'm quite sure I installed everything right, even though I'm not fan of some new .exe's on my hard drive (my antivirus actually block this file for me so I have to disable it for 10 minutes so to be able to use it on first place) I DL that ...content manager, click all the right option, set some of your weather themes but ..just nothing. Weather looks not even close those on screenshots. Only vanilla like. =/

How can it manually installed without using content manager, I mean is it ok to copy all seperate cloud files in to texture/clouds?

I'm afraid it's not ok.
Apparently "Content Manager" is required!" ...content manager is required, as you may see.
Anyway... we'll have to wait for authors statement. Still. :whistling:

i can't reply immediately. i have a stressful and time-consuming work.

it is absolutely recommend to use Content Manger to get this mod working. You can do it manually, but its more like a pain to do this compared to do it with CM.

as i wrote some posts later, just do this:

1. copy the folder "content" and "system" inside the zip to your Assetto Corsa main folder.
This will copy my weathers to your weather-folder and the PPFilter to the filter-folder.

Select "Single"

6. select "GO" in the bottom-right corner -> now CM copies the textures from the weather-folder to the textures-folder of AC and starts AC with all the settings you done in CM

Now you should see the correct clouds!

7. choose the "__gbW" filter in AC in the Post Processing App

The manual way:

with JSGME:

1) make a folder like "gbW few clouds 1" in the "MOD" folder
2) make a folder "content\weather" in the "MOD" folder
3) copy the folder "101_gbW_few 1" inside the "content\weather" folder in the zip to this folder
4) make a folder "content\texture\" in the "MOD" folder
5) backup the files inside the "content\texture\clouds" folder (in AC main folder) and delete them
5) move the "clouds" folder inside the "101_gbW_few 1" folder to the "MOD\content\texture\" folder
6) activate the "gbW few clouds 1"-mod
7) run AC, select the weather and drive

if you want to use another weather, you have to deactivate the mod and do the same procedure again with this other weather...

Without JSGME you have to do the copy and backup process by yourself!

So this is why i say "CM is required". With a few clicks you can use many weathers with their own textures. And you can do a automatic selection of them by real weather data!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%