Good AI combinations for balanced offline racing?

I like offline racing against different car models that are as fast as each other.I have a few I can share (these are cars that seem to be as good as each other):
  • Audi R8 plus + Mercedes SLS AMG + Porsche 911 Carrera S
  • Ferrari P330 + Ford GT40 + Porsche 908 + Jag XJ-13 (the 908 may be a little slower, not much)

Groups C (edited a bit)
  • Porsche 962 C Short + Mazda 787B
  • Porsche 962 C Long + Mercedes C9

• Ferrari 458 + Porsche 911R + Mclaren MP4-12c + GTR Nismo
  • Ferrari F40 + Yellowbird
  • The GT4s: Maserati, Porsche, Ginetta (but not the Lotus GT4)
  • Alfa Romeo 4C + BMW M3 E92 + BMW 1M + Mazda RX-7 Spirit R + Ford Mustang 2015
Let me know if your experience doesn't agree with what I've listed above.

And, can anyone answer me (based on experience with offline AI racing):
  • Which hypercars are evenly matched?
  • Any other tightly matched supercar combos?
  • Are GT2 cars and GT3 cars evenly matched (GT2 is a bit faster, no?) and what about the Porsche RSR 2017 - how does that fit?
  • Any other contemporaneous historic combos?
I do know about iCALCs, and the "Car time ranking" thread on the official AC forums - these are very useful. And there's also a thread at GT Planet on AI times around Road America - these are all good sources of info.

Please share any AI combinations that perform equally well round most tracks in your experience.

EDIT with other combinations provided by you since starting the thread:
  • Lotus 49 + Ferrari 312/67

AND OTHER EDITS
(based on new info):
  • Nissan Skyline GTR R34 + Toyota Supra MKIV
  • Alpha Romeo Quadrifoglio should fit the group with Audi R8 V10 Plus mentioned at top (not tried it yet though)

Last edited:
The Lotus 49 and the Ferrari 312/67 of course.
Regarding your Group C cars I wouldn’t take the C9 into this group as it is the LM config and lacks a lot of grip, sadly we don’t have the Sprint config for this car.

Last edited:
The Lotus 49 and the Ferrari 312/67 of course.
Regarding your Group C cars I wouldn’t take the C9 into this group as it is the LM config and lacks a lot of grip, sadly we don’t have the Sprint config for this car.
Thanks a lot. :)
I've edited the first post with your Lotus 49 + 312/67 combo. For the Group Cs, I must admit that I haven't tried the combo a lot yet. But the 'Car time ranking' thread on the AC forum gives the four Group Cs as having very close laptimes (although those are not AI laptimes)

Thanks a lot. :)
I've edited the first post with your Lotus 49 + 312/67 combo. For the Group Cs, I must admit that I haven't tried the combo a lot yet. But the 'Car time ranking' thread on the AC forum gives the four Group Cs as having very close laptimes (although those are not AI laptimes)

Group C is one of my favourite class I wish we had more to choose from. The Sauber C9 and also the 962 long tail don’t really fit to the short tail and the 787, as they’re made for low downforce tracks as Le Mans.

I like offline racing against different car models that are as fast as each other.I have a few I can share (these are cars that seem to be as good as each other):
  • Audi R8 plus + Mercedes SLS AMG + Porsche 911 Carrera S
  • Ferrari P330 + Ford GT40 + Porsche 908 + Jag XJ-13 (the 908 may be a little slower, not much)

Groups C (edited a bit)
  • Porsche 962 C Short + Mazda 787B
  • Porsche 962 C Long + Mercedes C9

• Ferrari 458 + Porsche 911R + Mclaren MP4-12c + GTR Nismo
  • Ferrari F40 + Yellowbird
  • The GT4s: Maserati, Porsche, Ginetta (but not the Lotus GT4)
  • Alfa Romeo 4C + BMW M3 E92 + BMW 1M + Mazda RX-7 Spirit R + Ford Mustang 2015
Let me know if your experience doesn't agree with what I've listed above.

And, can anyone answer me (based on experience with offline AI racing):
  • Which hypercars are evenly matched?
  • Any other tightly matched supercar combos?
  • Are GT2 cars and GT3 cars evenly matched (GT2 is a bit faster, no?) and what about the Porsche RSR 2017 - how does that fit?
  • Any other contemporaneous historic combos?
I do know about iCALCs, and the "Car time ranking" thread on the official AC forums - these are very useful. And there's also a thread at GT Planet on AI times around Road America - these are all good sources of info.

Please share any AI combinations that perform equally well round most tracks in your experience.

EDIT with other combinations provided by you since starting the thread:
  • Lotus 49 + Ferrari 312/67

AND OTHER EDITS
(based on new info):
  • Nissan Skyline GTR R34 + Toyota Supra MKIV
  • Alpha Romeo Quadrifoglio should fit the group with Audi R8 V10 Plus mentioned at top (not tried it yet though)
Along with the Skyline and Supra I like to add the RX7.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back