Good 2015 Open Wheel Formula without DRS/Push2Pass?

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
I'm looking for a good formula or two to watch next year to replace F1.

Something where they race without button presses to help them overtake and it comes down more to driver skill.

Any recommendations?

Super Formula is a pain to watch in full due to the timezone conflicts and language barrier, but my goodness. The Dallara SF14 is a gorgeous car, the new 2.0L 4-cyl turbo powerplants are great (and what GP2 should be using after 2016), the cars are all fully-liveried and the drivers are phenomenal and circuits like Suzuka and Fuji and Sugo are all fantastic.

For a spec, second-tier formula series on control tyres, the fact that the cars can manage times around Suzuka in the low 1:37s-high 1:36s range, about where the backmarkers were at the F1 race - that's bloody fast. It's closer to IndyCar than GP2 on a competition standpoint, with many WEC, Super GT, and ex-F1 veterans in the fold.

Indycar indeed is a word. But unfortunately the cars may have some push to pass device. I just can't remember right now.
Anyway, watch these awesome races!

They do, but only for the road and street courses, and each driver is allowed to use it only ten times in a single race. They have also done away with that dumb hanford wing introduced by the IRL so there is basically no pack racing on ovals. With the introduction of aero-kits next year, Honda and Chevy will also be allowed to make their own bodywork while still using a spec chassis.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%