Gone Fishing: Off to Sim Racing Expo 2018...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A message prior to departing for the Sim Racing Expo.

Andy Williams once sang 'It's the most wonderful time of the year' but for sim racers that doesn't just apply to Christmas, it is also a rather apt title to celebrate the annual Sim Racing Expo held over at the famous Nürburgring racetrack in the Rhineland-Palatinate region of Germany.

Due to the logistics involved in flying over to cover the event, and the obvious need to actually attend three days of real and virtual racing entertainment, I'm not going to be quite as close to my laptop and a regular internet connection as usual. As such, please accept our apologies, but I'm afraid the regular posting of news and features will be a little slower than usual this coming weekend.

Of course while the rest of the RD staff and our intrepid group of RaceDepartment community members kick back and relax in the evenings, I'll be hidden away in a corner somewhere recapping the latest and greatest from that day, so things won't entirely shut down, and we will still keep on top of the big stories as they happen.

As usual we intend to take the full video recording package, including the famous RD mic, so please don't forget to head on over (and subscribe!) to our YouTube channel for plenty of exclusive footage, interviews, opinions and news from the event. We've got a busy few days planned, so expect plenty of great content from the event to be surfacing on our YT page in the days to come.

If you are heading over to the Expo yourself, but not as part of our RD Tour group, please do pop over and say hi. You can't miss us, just look for the guy in the brightly flowered shirt :)

It's going to be an epic few days, and I'm flying over tomorrow afternoon, so I can't wait.

Sim Racing is awesome people, see you on the other side...

Oh and to give you a little taste of what's to come, these are some videos from last year at the Expo:

Sim Racing Expo 2018.png

Last edited:
Have a blast over there Paul. I don't post all that much , but I read all your stuff and you simply kickass at everything you do for us sim racer's! Thank you , and can't wait to see what you put up for us!

Be good guys - and have a blast. I am still devastated that I did not get the all-expense-paid trip with you guys - but hey - AAC is out so I did not have the time to go anyway did I? :):)

Also I would like to join in with the choir of praise for the staff here. You guys ROCK big time. Glad to be part of this excellent site.

Mr Latte

Premium
Have a swell time, look forward to your coverage Paul.
Im, sure there will be loads to see and cover, inc the Fanatec DD with ACC that will be at the show.

Steinar Pladsen

CEO, Prosim.no
Be good guys - and have a blast. I am still devastated that I did not get the all-expense-paid trip with you guys - but hey - AAC is out so I did not have the time to go anyway did I? :):)

Also I would like to join in with the choir of praise for the staff here. You guys ROCK big time. Glad to be part of this excellent site.
- Follow us at Prosim.no INFO pages at FB (remember to LIKE)
As PICS & VIDS will be visible during the weekend ;-)
https://www.facebook.com/prosim.no/

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%