GT5 GoM vs. RD

With kind permission from Stuart Pocock I am starting this thread to arrange some inter-clan race meetings with a view to igniting a little extra passion in each of our communities.

We're a decent bunch of chaps at GoM (Grumpy Old Men), some of whom can drive in straight line, even if there's a corner in the way.

Despite a startling lack of talent, in no way compensated for by enthusiasm, we are in no doubt that we are much better than you lot and seek to prove this a.s.a.p. and without mercy.

If any of the good, if slow, folk of RD, can find it in themselves to face a challenge we at GoM would be delighted. A team of 5 or 6 drivers?

Non Grand Prix Fridays are definitely ok for us, what's most convenient for you may well be fine for us too.

GT300, PP500, RH tyres, Fuji, 20 laps? Just a quick thought to set the ball rolling, any and all ideas welcome.

(Attempts at humorous goading aside, we believe in clean and fair racing and would rather lose cleanly than win by foul means. We apologise, usually, for any contact, and aim to 'give up the place' if an advantage is gained.)

21:00 may be a little early for us, I'll check. 22:00 for a race start should be fine, we usually start ours at about 23:00 but I can appreciate that that is getting late.

GT300, PP500, RH tyres, Fuji, 20 laps, it will be then, it seems....and yes, that last little section is uniquely tricky. Shall we say 19th Oct, to give us time to arrange everything, and then maybe monthly after that, and you choose the next race specs.?

There's one stumbling block, which I've PMed Stuart about, and that's about how we meet up for this. Fingers crossed it will get sorted.

Looking froward to racing with you guys.

Yes Dub, you can do all that you can do offline except for stage tuning and weight reduction, you can even buy parts/tyres....but I'm guessing that you guys will get together to do some practice and swap setup ideas and so will have your machines all ready to go for the 19th. The only restrictions will be 500pp, RH tyres and car selection to GT300.

Re. the stumbling block, some of my chaps are reluctant to go through the licencing process at RD. I hope to come to an agreement with Stuart about this. Fingers crossed.

:) thanks guys, if the race is the 19th I think I can get a new controller for that date.

Good luck. To participate in any kind of race organized by RD you have to be a licensed member

Events at RaceDepartment.com are governed by our Licensed Membership Agreement. In order to take part in our races you must apply for a license which is free of charge.

To participate in any kind of race organized by RD you have to be a licensed member

Yep, I appreciate this Manuel, thanks. My point is that this is organised by GoM and RD together and in the spirit of an 'away match'.

I see how this may undermine the nature of your clan and it's admirable efforts at maintaining accountability for drivers conduct.:thumbsup:

It may yet be that enough of my chaps will be happy to get licenced, but I'm not sure of this am pushing the possibility that we can meet on neutral terms somehow.

Nothing's ever easy :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years