Resource icon

Skins GoKart Content Manager PaintShop Files V1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Esotic submitted a new resource:

GoKart Content Manager PaintShop Files - Supports editing colors for kart, driver, and rims, car number, flag, and driver name

These files allow the Content Manager Paint Shop to change the color of the kart, helmet, suit, and gloves. You can also add a number, flag, and driver name. Be sure to turn on viewing the driver before entering the paint shop, and you'll want to check all the various boxes, as they aren't enabled by default.
View attachment 280898
The cm_paintshop JSON and folder should work with any of the various karts, but I did all my testing with the 125 shifter karts. An example of where the...

Read more about this resource...

Esotic updated GoKart Content Manager PaintShop Files with a new update entry:

Added several overlay types to the Numbers, Flags, and Names

You can now select 6 different overlays from the "Numbers, Flags, and Names" options. The overlay types from my GoKart skin pack.

As a bonus, if you select Antarctica from the Country drop-down the flag will disappear.

If you are curious how to edit the paint shop definitions you should investigate the "assettocorsa\content\cars\gokart125s\ui\cm_paintshop.json" file.

There's also an explanation of the JSON file definition over here:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me alittle bit with understanding how this file structure works. I have read the main webpages documentation but I am still not understanding the way the format works. I am trying to make my life easier when it comes to making skins for cars. But I want know basically how would I do what you did for another car? Sorry if this is a bothersome request, if you have a video or an instruction video or something to help me understand better that would be amazing. even if it isnt your own instructions, I just havent found anything showing me how to do this step by step. Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question or request. Cheers - Cjs

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me alittle bit with understanding how this file structure works. I have read the main webpages documentation but I am still not understanding the way the format works. I am trying to make my life easier when it comes to making skins for cars. But I want know basically how would I do what you did for another car? Sorry if this is a bothersome request, if you have a video or an instruction video or something to help me understand better that would be amazing. even if it isnt your own instructions, I just havent found anything showing me how to do this step by step. Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question or request. Cheers - Cjs
That's actually a very good question. The only real tutorial that I know of is this page: https://acstuff.ru/f/d/16-content-manager-paint-shop

I'm not sure that the paint shop makes skinning cars easier, though. It's probably easier to make skins in Gimp or Photoshop. What the paint shop can do is allow you to make it easier for other people to make skins. Before you can really unleash the power of paint shop you have to create a lot of template images and options in the JSON. It's a fairly powerful system once you get to know it; but I would not call it easy to use.

I could maybe create a demo video of what I've learned about it, but it would take some time to prepare my notes and then record that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%