Going to 2015 24 Hours of Le Mans?

So basicly I'm a bit lost on Le Mans' website. Is there anyone that has ever been to Le Mans 24h and could help me out? In terms of choosing the accomodation, right tickets etc.

Last edited:
If you want to book a hotel you are probably already too late so I think camping with a tent is your last resort and a lot of fun too as the campingsites near LM24 are pure fun (unless it rains :D).

Since the FIA took over the ticketing has become a bit more complicated. It's about money now so probably you'll end up buying a passe par tout for the whole weekend.

Maybe @Tom Endres can help you out better as he went there the last two years. My most recent visit was in 2010.

I'll reply to your PM here, for the sake of the thread.

I personally never had a tent but yeah that's pretty much possible, some people I know do that regularly. The tent sites next to the track are pretty neat, so you can't make a mistake there.

If not and you're only going there for Saturday / Sunday you might opt to stay awake, during the nights you can basically sit wherever you want even if you don't have a grand stand ticket. Bring something warm tho, it's freezing.

What do you actually want to do? Go there for the week? The weekend? Sunday only? All depends on those questions. Also, how much do you want to spend on tickets & accomodation (per person)? :)

What do you actually want to do? Go there for the week? The weekend? Sunday only? All depends on those questions. Also, how much do you want to spend on tickets & accomodation (per person)? :)

We'd like to go there for a week. Obviously we want to spend as little money as possible, but paying another 10 or 15 euros for something that would make viewing of the race much better won't be a problem

We'd like to go there for a week. Obviously we want to spend as little money as possible, but paying another 10 or 15 euros for something that would make viewing of the race much better won't be a problem
Alright, so you'll need a general admission ticket (ENCEINTE GENERALE SEMAINE in French) at least. If you'd like to take a seat on the grand stands that'd be around another 70€ per person, depending on which grand stand it is.

Tent sites can be found here, my friends normally stay at Beausejour (so around the Porsche curves etc.) and as of today the only spots left are in the yellow zones. The green, red and blue zones are sold out. There's a hotel not far from the track too but I've never stayed there and their website isn't very helpful, so you might want to call or email them. :)

A few things to keep in mind:
  • there are free shuttles, going from the grand stands near the pit area to the Mulsanne corner, stopping several times on the way
  • during the night nobody checks if you have a ticket for the grand stands, so if you want to walk around during the day anyway this is a great way to save money
  • make sure to pack proper jackets etc., when I went there and had my glorious "I won't even sleep" plan (leaving home at 9am on Saturday, being back home on Sunday at 8pm) I regret only having a fleece jacket
  • buy your drinks, food etc. in a supermarket since it's cheaper to take the tram into town and back than buying something at the track in most cases. 3.50€ for a can of Coke? Nope, thanks.
  • buy a stack of tram tickets right away, that way you can avoid the queues when it's packed before and after the race

Could anyone that has traveled from Britain give me an idea of the best way to get there. Was planning on going this year(or next) but I'll end up spending £500 more than I need to and find myself in the wrong country :whistling:

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for somebody who has experience of booking tickets for 24 hours Le Mans race. I'm planning to go for full week but I have no idea how that booking system works. Basically I want to book a parking lot + camping space at Beausejour and I want access to paddock during practice.

Now someone told me it costs not more then 100,- Eur alltogether, but when I'm booking it, it always cost more then 320,- Eur ? Is that the real prize or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

I doubt you can have all that under 100 euros :)

We have no official plans for this year as it would require proper preparation and booking way in advance and for both its already too late as most hotels will be booked by now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%