F1 2010 Going back to rFactor

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Have never been able to race properly because the game locks up for a couple of seconds all the time :mad:
Tried different drivers, different settings, sound to rapture or software then thought the patch might sort it but if anything its worse now !!

think spec should handle it :
CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.7GHz
GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 285
RAM: 6Gb (3X2) Corsair DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
Motherboard: ASUS P6T WS Pro

So think I'll go back to rFactor :frown:

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.7GHz
GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 285
RAM: 6Gb (3X2) Corsair DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
Motherboard: ASUS P6T WS Pro

For this "little buddy" to run you need a power-plant in front of your home :). Again - Check the Power Supply.

Well, let him take one step at a time, before saying he should buy something. You can check your power supply in your bios by looking at the +12v rail. What's the reading and does it fluctuate. If it's below the proper power output and/or it fluctuates frequently, then yes he needs a new psu. Otherwise I'd say no.

Yep, hit that sucker with an air compressor and blow the **** out of it. Make sure you get everything ie. power supply too.

mod edit: please do not use foul language in the forum - many users of all ages read posts here.

+12v rail = 11.519 constant.......................
Not had time to strip down yet :( but will let you know results

p.s. still hav nt seen the DirectX choice???????? is it an in-game setting??

To chande the DX setting go to My documents> My Games>FormulaOne>hardwaresettings>hardware_settings_config> open this file with wordpad> find this string and change it to true <directx forcedx9="false" />, after that save the file and there you go... You should see improvement in performance..

+12v rail = 11.519 constant.......................
Not had time to strip down yet :( but will let you know results

p.s. still hav nt seen the DirectX choice???????? is it an in-game setting??
Hrm, those volts are lower than I had hoped for, as you're not running at full efficiency. It's still within a reasonable range though. Seems like it's not the psu. Try the recommendations with altering the files.

My in game folder config file was set to true so I set it to false (DX11 card) and my menu's got crisper and the game seemed to perform better and look better even got an extra frame so may help ! It did not hurt, put it that way. So try setingt them both to true and see. Also in Microsoft games for windows live folder go to the Client folder and find GFWLClient and rename it like +GFWLClient this will stop microsoft market place running in the background but not inhibit online play as the GFWLive is for that. That helped my performance as well.

I think that the game is using the file in My Documents, this is the folder that is created after you create Games for Windows account. So it should be the right one. Also you can make this file read-only. This will add some boooost :) to your game and you will not loose the flashback function. For the pink screen......hmm you could try on other forums. Search for similar problems, there must be a solution.

Thanx for all the help guys,,,,, seemed it was just build up of dust . played all morning with no probs. Well just one , seem to have lost race engineers voice now but probably hooked speakers up wrong :redface:

Thanks again ..........if only now getting some pace was that easy :tongue:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back