Going all misty-eyed...

I thought I'd rummage through the old Racing Club threads, and discovered my first ever club event, along with my first ever signup post. Way back before you had to use your real name, before the license system, and when RACE 07 was just RACE 07 - no confusing addons, and just plain WTCC action.

That was nearly three years ago, and though I'm technically still a teenager I feel so... old, for lack of a better word. In those three years, I have discovered my feel for the written word and applied it to sim racing, worked on game reviews in direct contact with developers, and become a race winner. And at other sites, thanks to the skillsets I developed here at RD, I am competing for titles - things I never thought would be possible when I first purchased RACE 07 at the start of February in 2008.

Where on earth did all that time go? And there's still much of it still to come... Anyone else feel this way, or is it just me going all philosophical from lack of sleep? :tongue:

That was nearly three years ago, and though I'm technically still a teenager I feel so... old, for lack of a better word.

Geez thanks for bringing this up Rhys, not sure what word I can use to describe how I feel now, maybe..... pre-historic. :ghost::goat: :D

However, even though my memory is failing from old age, I still remember joining you on those early Races, and you were clearly going to be quick from the start. The best impression you left us with though, was your maturity and clean driving, something that was a pleasure to see with someone so young. :thumb:
Hopefully, you can continue your on-line Racing hobby for the rest of your life and have many years of fun.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%