GMT Importer

K

kanaboid

• kanaboid

Hello, in connection with this a long time looking GMT importer, I would ask if someone of you may be in possession of this tool. I am already truly desperate, searched about 10 different forums, but without success. Let someone share or Target me where I can find it or make available for download. I know that some users were moved here from racesimcentral, so perhaps someone will be able to help me. Thanks and regards.

UPDATE:

Thanks again Mike ;)

I realize that many people seeking GMT importer, so I decided to share it publicly, according to copyright stored in the header of the script does not infringe these rights.
Like Mike mentioned the script works best with 3ds Max 8 SP3, remember to read the README.TXT for installation.

Attachments

• GMT.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 621
I have both. the one with textures and mesh only. PM your email and I will send.

3Ds Max 8.0 SP3 and Windows XP are the best combo.

When inporting, nearly all the texture need to be redone in the texture box in Max. ie it looses the settings originally put on the texture.

• kanaboid

I have read your reply before, during testing gmt files, I managed to find a solution interesting gmt files to import 3ds max. At the beginning I used 3dsimed 2.6e demo to export the scene to 3ds format, unfortunately, when I imported scene to 3ds Max 9, I was not able to perform the editing in a way I wanted. So I decided to export a Collada DAE scene format and to import into 3dsmax 9, thanks to which I have now full control of vetex and faces. Of course we have a new mapping again. Please note that I use OpenCollada plugin for 3ds max 9 to importing collada DAE files. I hope this will help someone ;)

Ps Thank for your reply Mikec87, i've send you my email via PM.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%