GMT importer plugin for 3DSMax

Anyone know where i can get the gmotor2 importer for max i got both max 8 and 9 so if anyone knows i greatly appreciate it.

dmc67

First you need to install all the rFactor utilities, then... I copy paste from other forum

I know a simple way to import BTB made tracks into 3DSMax. The only problem is that you need 3DSMax 8 or below, but it doesn't work with version 9 or higher. You need to export your track for rFactor.

- First, you have to download this script : http://www.mediafire.com/?vn4wzmzznjh and you put it into you ../autodesk/3DSMax 08/scripts/startup folder.
- Then, open 3DS Max, and click on the hammer (Utilities) in the right menu.
- You click on MAXScript, then you choose GMT 2 Importer
- Then, in additional texture path, you put your exported track folder. Then you click on import a directory, and you choose again your exported track folder.

After a few moments (but it can takes some minutes if you have a big track with lot of objects), you have your track in 3DS Max.

Long time I haven't done that, and it may miss a script file. If you have a problem, just say it to me, I will search if it miss a file.
Unfortunately, the forum where I find this method is now closed.

I need to add, if you use Windows 7, you will can't to load .DDS textures, so use Win XP and 3D Max 8

Yes sir i am gettin the error from the Rfactor Max plugins it brings up the error as soon as it goes too load the plugin when starting up loads all my brazil plugins and stuff

this is exactly what it says

Loading DLLs

DLL<C:\program files\autodesk\max9\plugins\Converter.dlu>Failed To Initialize
ERROR Code:127 The Specified Procedure Could Not Be Found.

ok i appreciate your help, but right before i reformatted i had all the stuff working in max 9 but guess it was luck of the draw lol but i got it working in 8 thanks for all your help

This is because you don't read me :p

The scripts will not work on Max 9, Max 2010... only in Max 8

Incorrect!!! ISI have versions of the plugins that work for Max up to version 2010, even 2010 ones work in 2011 but they crash the slate material editor (you can still use the old material editor just fine though).

I had the crashing of newer max versions in win 7, you need to run a recent version of the DX9 re-distributable to install some files that are not in win 7 when it's first installed, don't worry it's perfectly safe to do so. ;)

EDIT: Scripts run fine on Max 2010

Paul Cowan, we are talking about a scripts to import GMT to 3D Studio, so these scripts will run ONLY in MAX 8. So I know that ISI have plugins to work and export for MAX 9, max 2010... etc. But not the scripts, theses scripts are not from ISI

Paul Cowan, we are talking about a scripts to import GMT to 3D Studio, so these scripts will run ONLY in MAX 8. So I know that ISI have plugins to work and export for MAX 9, max 2010... etc. But not the scripts, theses scripts are not from ISI

The import script works as well, I've imported several circuits into Max 2010 using it.

Please don't spread information that is incorrect.

Attachments

• importGMT2.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,845
The import script works as well, I've imported several circuits into Max 2010 using it.

Please don't spread information that is incorrect.

Yep, true.

I have these scripts and I have them in XP with 3DS Max 8.0 and also in Windows 7 with 3Ds Max 2009 64bit. The scripts just work, but the older ISI plugins did not. They have upgraded those to suit the later versions of Max, which makes me think that RF2 is done in the later version of Max.

Mike :)

The true is I never test on Max 2010, but the guy that send me the script advice me that will not work on newer versions than Max8. Also, the problem on Max 8 it is loading DDS, but I read in Max 2010 it is solved... so, I will test on Max 2010. And I edit my last post to correct

Thanks!

Hi again. I have a question, I tried with Max 2010 and scripts run, but very slow compared to Max 8. I tried with Barcelona track from rFactor, so with Max 8 it is about 5 min to load in 3DMAX, and with Max 2010 after 1hour I don't still see the track, I leave the PC working alone about 3 or 4 hours and when I went to home I see that is finished, but I don't know what time needs, but it is too much.

Another problem is about the Alpha channel of textures, in 3D Max the alpha channel is representend with the black colour, also, when render

2hrfwci.jpg

1zve3gk.jpg

it is not the gmt importer i am having problems with it is the plugin converter.dlu material.dlt and texture.dlt that it will not load no matter what i do and b/c of that it will not let me import any gmt files b/c it wont read the gmotor material

when i delete the converter.dlu texture.dlt material.dlt i dont get the error but still wont import gmt files either way i get that error i am usin the script u uploaded up there

says

Type Error: Call Needs Function or class, got: undefined

and has this highlighted in the script

mat=meditMaterials[1].materialList[newMatID]=gMotorMaterial()

Where did u guys get your converter.dlu texture.dlt material.dlt that work with max 9 32 bit?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%