GMT importer plugin for 3DSMax

Anyone know where i can get the gmotor2 importer for max i got both max 8 and 9 so if anyone knows i greatly appreciate it.

dmc67

oh BTW I got it working a stupid mistake but hey it works now, right click max icon go to compatability and run it in xp sp2 compatablity mode reads them fine. thanks for all the help

• vincenz80

gmt2 importer for 3dstudio Max 2010

Hi to everybody,
i need to use this script to import a circuit created with the program Bobs Track Builder .

When the script starts,this error message appears :

"Error to opening .gfx files, Extract them to 3dsmax/HardwareShaders"

why? did i miss something?

There really is a search option overhere and glloggle is very helpfull as well.
After some reading I managed to import a btb in Max9, not too difficoult.
The point is however - how much time you wanna spent to go in depth and learn, right ?
I'm aware that this sounds a little unfriendly, but it's not, because all the the info is shared before.
When I can find it you can find it :D

as I found:

Go to
http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=devcorner
& download the "rFactor mod development tool pack (Mas utility, scene viewer and more)" - version 2.
Unzip these files.
Copy these 3 files (converter.dlu, material.dlt, texture.dlt) from the "max6" folder into the 3dsMax/plugins folder.
Run the Mas.exe program that comes with the ISI tools & use it to extract all files from the Coreshaders.mas file into the 3dsmax/HardwareShaders folder.
Download the "GMT2 Importer v0.94 by Zoli"
Place importGMT2.ms into 3dsmax\scripts\startup folder.
Go to BTB & export your track to rFactor if you haven't already.
Copy your track folder from rFactor into a place were you want to keep your work files.
(If you exported from btb to "BobsTrackBuilder/xxx_track", only copy the xxx_track folder, not the BobsTrackBuilder folder)
Open 3ds max.
Go to Utilities (the one with the hammer on the far right)
& go to Max Script & in the Utilities drop down menu select "GMT2 Importer"
Change the "Additional texture path" to your tracks directory.
Go to "Import a directory" & navigate to your tracks directory.
Click OK & give it some time to think depending on the complexity of your track.
All going well you should have your track in Max.
Now the fun really starts.

I'd like to thank you people who were involved on this thread.

Finally I got to import some tricky objects in 3ds Max, e.g. Skyboxes. That help me to figure out how to set the materials correctly. The second texture of "T1 lerp T2" shader should be assign as "(1,2,2,3,3,4,0)" at sequence slot. I couldn't find that information anywhere.

The GMT2 Importer works perfectly in Max 2010.

Thanks again.

I still cant get the importer to work in Max 9....
Im running it on Win7 64 bit... the program runs, i just need a script that will work... I havent found one yet that does.
If anyone has a way to get .gmt files into Max 9 (specifically that version) i need to get the utilities to do it asap... i have a project thats way overdue (its not paid, and not for school... i just have a forum full of modders ready to string me to the nearest tree if i cant get this done in the next week or so.)
I have the 3d in 3dsimed, but i need to map the textures and make a painting template, and to do that i need to import the .gmt's into Max to do that. if it matters the .gmts are for GT Legends... i can convert them to rfactor .gmts if i need to.
im just about desperate to get this car done... i have even gone so far as to try to find an older version of max that is compatible with .gmts natively, i have seen numerous places saying that max 5 is compatible with them, but i cant find a copy of it anywhere.

So I emplore you.....Heeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppp!!! please...

Thanks,
-Alex

~snip~
i just have a forum full of modders ready to string me to the nearest tree if i cant get this done in the next week or so.
~snip~
HAHA, that will be fun to watch, what forum is this?

Nah I cant be that cruel,,, Let's see if we can fix it.

Checklist,,
Using max 32bit
GMT2 importer script http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=import+GMT2+
rFactor Max Plugins http://www.rfactor.net/developers/
extract coreshaders.mas to (3dmax folder)\hardwareshaders.
Textures and gmt's for import should all be in the same folder.

That should work.

Try to import 1 file, if it works, try a folder.

If you are having troubles importing, like it taking a long time, try breaking the gmt's up into smaller groups by moving them out of the import directory to another folder and copy over a handfull at a time. Then after import, save the project, then reset max (you need to do this so you can delete the gmt's you just imported) delete the gmt's you just imported from the folder, copy the next handful in, reopen the project, import, etc

You can also try turning off smoothing.

okay... i just got my computer back up and running from a drive that died (it was the system drive, thank goodness i didnt lose any of the work for the game)...

Its over at Evolution Modding... were working on a 1970 Challenger T/A and 1970 R/T for the most part the 3d is texture mapped. the body of the car is mapped and has a template to do it with. the interior is what I'm working on painting... I managed to rip the 1970 interior from my xbox copy of forza 3 (it was tough, but it worked) so its mapped completely and the textures are there... i just have to disassemble it and resize everything for GT Legends. I need to be able to map the textures most especially because my next project is going to be a 1969 Charger Daytona... the 3d is complete, but I need it mapped to a template and I need a painting template for the body.

If anyones interested in helping out that would be great, its currently just a two man team working right now (myself and another guy). we do mostly old musclecars but were also looking to do a hotrod (32-34 fords and the like) car mod for the game as well...
just shoot me a PM if youre interested. we work primarily through email (alot of emails at odd hours, he's in the UK ans im in the States) so time schedules arent an issue.... it doesnt pay, but its a ton of fun. our goal is to make the most realistic car as we possibly can, to give the gamer a chance to experience how awesome some of these cars actually were.

I'm primarily a solidworks modeler. My specialty with these ISI sims is physics, engines, drivetrains, and I do a good portion of the 3d.... If there is a way to get gmt files into a format solidworks can use... well I wanna piece of that action... I can make just about anything with it and that would be a huge help as far as making car bodies and parts...

3dsimed knows the textures and mapping. To get them in max, (after importing 3ds file) go to top menu: File - Asset Tracking and find them (browse for the folder with gmt's from rF). All textures need to have status "Found". Max uses 8.3 names format, so mostly they will be renamed - you have to guess which ones you looking for. If success, save the file and go to top menu: Views - Show Materials in Viewport As - Standart Display with Maps. (if you forget to save, you will see nothing else, but the same white polygons...)
Then you will see everything exactly like it was in btb for example. Then make materials and map objects with them.
But how export them back to gmt's - I'm sorry, I don't know.

3dsimed can handle .3ds files without any plugins... im just kind of iffy about how well it can handle them. it only can export them partially... i just need to get to the point where i can make painting templates for models.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back