Resource icon

Cars GMC P3500 (Van) / Nissan NP35 (Group C) Value Pak 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stereo submitted a new resource:

GMC P3500 (Van) / Nissan NP35 (Group C) Value Pak - it's been one week

View attachment 301169
Introduction
As part of the "One Week" label Jackson and I are making cars fast and bad. Ok, to be clearer. I'm building the 3d model quickly, he's working with extremely limited physics data, and the end result is a car that no-one sensible would have added to the game (due to lack of info both ways), and really very few people would be picking to drive anyway.

In 1990 the Group C rules were modified to limit horsepower and top speeds. Rather than...

Read more about this resource...

Hey! Congratulations for the release, fantastic to see both cars released. Love em both!

I'm really glad you included my skins in there too. Although I noticed some of them got a bit lost in translation. My .psd files were very messy, really sorry about that..

So if there's going to be update one day, you can put these in there too. I only included the files I changed, so just overwrite the originals.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8jzql7ufzvzowt4/skins_update.rar/file

Really cool (and one really long week ;) ) But I can add two nitpicks on the Nissan: At least the display in the cockpit should be illuminated at night, and the data folder should be encrypted, if anyone may plan on using this in leagues or online

Just a small note from the error log:
INIReader: content/cars/oneweek_nissan_np35/data/drivetrain.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [AUTO_SHIFTER] SLIP_THRESHOLD
INIReader: content/cars/oneweek_nissan_np35/data/drivetrain.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [AUTO_SHIFTER] GAS_CUTOFF_TIME

The tons of downforce NP35 feels like having a P3500 glued on top. ;)

And the 917/30 seems not as happy as the NP35 over the cerbs. :cool:
Screenshot_oneweek_nissan_np35_vrc_alabama_13-4-119-11-22-55.jpg

(The Portsche didn't flipped ouver btw.)

Just for the record, zero quality control went into this project (for what I hope should be obvious reasons considering the title), and that’s probably how it’ll stay. Unless there are showstopping bugs, there won’t be an update unless we really feel like it.

Really cool (and one really long week ;) ) But I can add two nitpicks on the Nissan: At least the display in the cockpit should be illuminated at night, and the data folder should be encrypted, if anyone may plan on using this in leagues or online
Data doesn’t need to be encrypted for online use (though empty files break the checksum and I’m sure we have a few).

Backlight was an optional extra to the Pi dash we figure the car didn't come with (and it certainly isn't on in any videos or photos). Realism :)

But yes, as I said, "unless there are showstopping bugs, there won’t be an update unless we really feel like it."

Car is much nicer to drive now that those reflections are gone from the windshield banner and the led display illuminates. Hopefully you guys decide to release an update with these changes.
The banner update alone would be worth a donation :D:D

Yes i still havent figured out how to get rid of it.

botched up something fast to get the dashboard illuminated at night, add this to the lights.ini:

Code:
[LIGHT_4]
NAME=dash_special
COLOR=1.5,2.4,2.44
3.jpg

no idea how accurate, but at least you can now see your speed at night :p

Car is much nicer to drive now that those reflections are gone from the windshield banner and the led display illuminates. Hopefully you guys decide to release an update with these changes.
Any pointers you could give to somebody who doesn't have the slightest clue how to get rid of the banner reflections? Asking for a friend :redface:

Any pointers you could give to somebody who doesn't have the slightest clue how to get rid of the banner reflections? Asking for a friend :redface:
I've been trying helplessly since yesterday. I'm embarrased as someone who earns his living via graphic design. I have the dds plugin on my pc for years, checked out various tutorials but as someone with absolute zero experience with channels, i'm seriously baffled.

I've opened the dds file on my cc2019, tried ticking every single box on the pop up when i open the file, messed with various channels, tried every single dropdown menu on the "save as" pop screen that is unique to dds files but nope, the million ants are still there.

You just need to paint the maps texture black here
77wBTkC.jpg

It'll affect it on the outside of the car too cause they're using the same UV layout

But that's the thing. In the folder of the skin, there's a single dds file with a single locked layer. Where is this maps texture? Somewhere within the car folder? I tried closing and opening the eye of each channel / messing with fill/opacity values of the dds file.

Edit: Well, at least i got my background to be white. That's a uh... progress right?
Edit 2: I'm beginning to think that my problem is different than the rest of the people here: What you see on my screens is the banner reflecting the tarmac (it changes to the colors of the curb when i run over them)
Screenshot_oneweek_nissan_np35_ks_silverstone_14-4-119-20-20-32.jpg
Screenshot_oneweek_nissan_np35_ks_silverstone_14-4-119-20-21-51.jpg
Screenshot_oneweek_nissan_np35_ks_silverstone_14-4-119-20-20-29.jpg

Last edited:
So, a really stupid question I know, but what step am I missing driving the actual P35? I just get the van. :unsure:
You've probably downloaded the other (April Fool's) version that RD staff took down without consulting us and without good reason (well, they said it was causing confusion...seems to have caused more now that it's been removed). Download this version and it will work.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%