• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Cars GMC P3500 (Van) / Nissan NP35 (Group C) Value Pak 1.0

it's been one week

1. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +2,165
    Stereo submitted a new resource:

GMC P3500 (Van) / Nissan NP35 (Group C) Value Pak - it's been one week

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. XAAMY

XAAMY

Ratings:
    +23
    Hey! Congratulations for the release, fantastic to see both cars released. Love em both!

I'm really glad you included my skins in there too. Although I noticed some of them got a bit lost in translation. My .psd files were very messy, really sorry about that..

So if there's going to be update one day, you can put these in there too. I only included the files I changed, so just overwrite the originals.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8jzql7ufzvzowt4/skins_update.rar/file

3. Tom Blackett

Tom Blackett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    Thankyou!

4. AccAkut

AccAkut
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,716
    Really cool (and one really long week ;) ) But I can add two nitpicks on the Nissan: At least the display in the cockpit should be illuminated at night, and the data folder should be encrypted, if anyone may plan on using this in leagues or online

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. formulaHEINE

formulaHEINE

Ratings:
    +1,199
    Just a small note from the error log:
    The tons of downforce NP35 feels like having a P3500 glued on top. ;)

And the 917/30 seems not as happy as the NP35 over the cerbs. :cool:
    Screenshot_oneweek_nissan_np35_vrc_alabama_13-4-119-11-22-55.jpg
    (The Portsche didn't flipped ouver btw.)

6. mclarenf1papa

mclarenf1papa

Ratings:
    +1,597
    Just for the record, zero quality control went into this project (for what I hope should be obvious reasons considering the title), and that’s probably how it’ll stay. Unless there are showstopping bugs, there won’t be an update unless we really feel like it.

Data doesn’t need to be encrypted for online use (though empty files break the checksum and I’m sure we have a few).

7. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,779
    Car is much nicer to drive now that those reflections are gone from the windshield banner and the led display illuminates. Hopefully you guys decide to release an update with these changes.

8. mclarenf1papa

mclarenf1papa

Ratings:
    +1,597
    Backlight was an optional extra to the Pi dash we figure the car didn't come with (and it certainly isn't on in any videos or photos). Realism :)

But yes, as I said, "unless there are showstopping bugs, there won’t be an update unless we really feel like it."

• Like Like x 2
  9. SunBro

SunBro

Ratings:
    +315
    The banner update alone would be worth a donation :D:D

Yes i still havent figured out how to get rid of it.

10. AccAkut

AccAkut
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,716
    botched up something fast to get the dashboard illuminated at night, add this to the lights.ini:

Code:
    [LIGHT_4]
    NAME=dash_special
    COLOR=1.5,2.4,2.44
    3.jpg

no idea how accurate, but at least you can now see your speed at night :p

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Gevatter

Gevatter
    The James May of Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +212
    Any pointers you could give to somebody who doesn't have the slightest clue how to get rid of the banner reflections? Asking for a friend :redface:

12. SunBro

SunBro

Ratings:
    +315
    I've been trying helplessly since yesterday. I'm embarrased as someone who earns his living via graphic design. I have the dds plugin on my pc for years, checked out various tutorials but as someone with absolute zero experience with channels, i'm seriously baffled.

I've opened the dds file on my cc2019, tried ticking every single box on the pop up when i open the file, messed with various channels, tried every single dropdown menu on the "save as" pop screen that is unique to dds files but nope, the million ants are still there.

13. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +2,165
    You just need to paint the maps texture black here
    [​IMG]

It'll affect it on the outside of the car too cause they're using the same UV layout

14. SunBro

SunBro

Ratings:
    +315
    But that's the thing. In the folder of the skin, there's a single dds file with a single locked layer. Where is this maps texture? Somewhere within the car folder? I tried closing and opening the eye of each channel / messing with fill/opacity values of the dds file.

Edit: Well, at least i got my background to be white. That's a uh... progress right?
    Edit 2: I'm beginning to think that my problem is different than the rest of the people here: What you see on my screens is the banner reflecting the tarmac (it changes to the colors of the curb when i run over them) Screenshot_oneweek_nissan_np35_ks_silverstone_14-4-119-20-20-32.jpg Screenshot_oneweek_nissan_np35_ks_silverstone_14-4-119-20-21-51.jpg Screenshot_oneweek_nissan_np35_ks_silverstone_14-4-119-20-20-29.jpg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  15. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,779
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 2
  16. SunBro

SunBro

Ratings:
    +315
    Of course it was cm... everywhere i looked for this mysterious map texture file... it was right under my nose, in cm, waiting to be exported and messed with. Is there anything CM can't do? :D

17. Rogerbee

Rogerbee

Ratings:
    +31
    Got my autoshift running by adding these lines to the end of drivetrain.ini:

SLIP_THRESHOLD=2.0
    GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.1

Works now.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Crivitz Chris

Crivitz Chris

Ratings:
    +153
    So, a really stupid question I know, but what step am I missing driving the actual P35? I just get the van. :unsure:

19. mclarenf1papa

mclarenf1papa

Ratings:
    +1,597
    You've probably downloaded the other (April Fool's) version that RD staff took down without consulting us and without good reason (well, they said it was causing confusion...seems to have caused more now that it's been removed). Download this version and it will work.

20. aphidgod

aphidgod

Ratings:
    +1,559
    What, without even giving it a thorough investigation?

Tut, tut.

• Haha Haha x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.