Alright when was that again.....?

All they would have to do would be to switch the order of the colours: put the red on top of the blue. It would look great and there would be no reference to the Russian flag.

Yesterday, on Twitter, Gunther Steiner wrote that it was "just a f**king livery!" :roflmao:
He probably said "it was just a f**king sexual assault" too. Regarding the incident in the car that was shared on Mazepin's social media.

I was born in England so i like Aston Martin. The only British brand that has not sold out (Jaguar went to ford And Lotus went to Mr Frenandes consortium) They have the Canadian driver Lance stroll. Despite what people say about his money and Dad as CEO he is more talented than others. And the previous Guise as racing Point where a strong team.

Corvette Racing's return to the Le Mans 24 Hours has been confirmed with the publication of a capacity 62-car entry for this year's rescheduled race in August

also....
Ryan Briscoe will be one of the drivers of a two car team
Damn! that sounds good.
If we could get half of those sound samples into simracing, I'd never leave my computer.

Last edited:
Shell Motorsports' twitter account just posted these images of the car...minus the green and other MW logos.

Looks better, I guess. Sign of things to come, maybe?
Turns out no...

159902847_4375078325855091_7799999375743384769_o.jpg

Turns out no...
Yeah, I kind of figured what I suggested was some wishful thinking on my part.

On the other hand, the season hasn't even started. And I think there are those here that know more than I do that liveries can and do change mid season.

Stay tuned, keep hoping, and be thankful for what is here, I guess. Could be worse.

Last edited:
I saw the news today that spring races are coming for at least 1 weekend this year.

I am looking forward to this format and think it will add to the weekend. I don't think the finishing order will be the same for the full race and sprint race and even if it is, the weekend will still be more entertaining.

Good for F1.

Yeah, I kind of figured what I suggested was some wishful thinking on my part.

On the other hand, the season hasn't even started. And I think there are those here that know more than I do that liveries can and do change mid season.

Stay tuned, keep hoping, and be thankful for what is here, I guess. Could be worse.
I read about the prev season cars, that the MW logo only appeared on testing and not the race weekends because of the no tobacco sponsor thingy going about. There is a statement from MW boss about why their logo is green this year on racefans.

I read about the prev season cars, that the MW logo only appeared on testing and not the race weekends because of the no tobacco sponsor thingy going about. There is a statement from MW boss about why their logo is green this year on racefans.
Just read the article, and it seems that if their end goal was to have all the discussions about it like here, I say they did a good job to that end.

I find it ironic they use the metaphor of the color choice being inspired by digital green screens. Easier for digital editing, maybe? But why the big logo and not the smaller ones, then? No explanation about that there.

Anyways, like I said, be thankful for what we do have at this point. Could be worse.

A lot of people are complaining - especially on YT for instance about Haas not 'bothering' with this year. What do people expect? There's a new formula coming next year. I just hope there's less focus on the aero we can see so the cars can be more fully painted as they were in the past. I wish they were ditching the turbos too, but alas it is what they've decided.
Nothing wrong with the turbos themselves. Its the recover coupling.
It is the whole hybrid 'thing' I would like to see gone.
The recovery systems add too much complexity.
It also serves to drive the cost way up.
I want brake calipers doing the retardation at the rear of the car...not energy harvesting.
There was a time in F1 wherein a team of mechanics could change an engine and gearbox between a practice session.
The sheer number of electrical components as a result of the hybrid drive, makes that nearly impossible today.

Last edited:
Ferrari has launched their 2021 challenger, the SF21 ahead of preseason testing. Meanwhile the new Haas car has broken cover on day one.
  • The SF21 is set to be driven this season by Charles Leclerc and new signing, Carlos Sainz.
  • The Haas VF-21 meanwhile has finally been unveiled in the same livery that was presented on a previous car earlier this week.
  • The new Ferrari and Haas were in action today at Bahrain, with each team sharing running between both of their two drivers.
In the days leading up to testing, Ferrari revealed its new challenger, the SF21. The car's livery has divided fans, featuring a two-tone red and burgundy paint job, with a splash of green at the front of the engine cover.

The car features a number of interesting changes, including a new-look nose cone that the team will hope marks the beginning of a journey back towards the front of the grid. The SF21 will be driven by a slightly different line up after the departure of Sebastian Vettel to Aston Martin. Charles Leclerc and his new teammate Carlos Sainz Jr. who impressed at McLaren in the past two seasons will spearhead Ferrari's 2021 season together.

Ferrari nose.jpg

Speaking at the launch presentation, Sporting Director, Laurent Mekies spoke of the positive relationship that seems to be developing between the two drivers:

"We get a lot of positive energy from the early phase of the relationship between Carlos and Charles. Carlos has been spending a lot of time on the factory ever since he signed for us. He has been integrating himself into the team very rapidly is a curious guy who is open-minded. He comes with an interesting experience from all the teams and his relationship with the engineers has already felt very natural from day one. Now we are trying to make these exchanges with him deeper, denser, and it’s it’s progressing very well in that respect.
"Charles knows the team upside down, it’s his third year with us and we can see him developing every day, a little bit more as a leader. He is very conscious of the role he has in the team in and out of the car. The early phase of that relationship between Carlos and Charles is functioning very well, actually. They are already operating as as team mates, for example, when they come at the simulator’s or when they meet with the engineers for the development of the car.
"Of course, it is easy to have a good relationship in the winter months but I think they are genuinely enjoying each other’s inputs and approach to the team. And it is going to be a very positive starting point of the seasons with with them on board. Ultimately, they are a key part of the team. Their application, their enthusiasm, their energy will be essential in making the 2021 campaign a decisive step in the right direction for the future of our team."

The SF21 completed 116 laps of Bahrain today, with Leclerc and Sainz sharing the driving duties. It's easy to read too much into testing times early on, but the team will be happy to have completed over a century of laps relatively unscathed.

Meanwhile, the Haas VF-21 finally broke cover, after the team's presentation of its new livery. The car featured the same livery shown off at its launch, which had sparked debate given that it fell into a grey area regarding a ruling from the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Haas.jpg

The VF-21 will be driven by an all-new Haas lineup, comprising of Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin. The two starred in last season's Formula 2 championship, with the former being the eventual winner.

Like Ferrari, Haas also got its drivers to share duties on day one of preseason testing. Between Schumacher in the morning and Mazepin in the afternoon, Haas was able to complete 85 laps.

Let us know what you think of the very different looking Ferrari SF21 and Haas VF-21cars.

Ferrari End.jpg

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back