Alright when was that again.....?

It looks unfinished. TBH I don't like any of the liveries. It's like the teams are afraid of colour. Too much black. I know they want to hide their aero parts. This is why I hope the new formula is more ground effect... perhaps they'll actually finish painting their cars in the future and add colours other than black.
You might have a point. It's as if the regulations involving carrying 2020 stuff over to this season is also affecting the liveries. It's as if most of them, so far, have this sort of "why bother?" mentality. The only ones that actually look different so far are Alpine for obvious reasons, Haas because the new "sponsor" said so, and Williams' unfinished cruise liner here. Everyone else either just made one or two color adjustments here and there, or just didn't do anything. Ferrari is the last one we're waiting on but given their priorities, I highly doubt they're going for big cosmetic changes. I hope they leave the number font alone, though. it's the one thing about last season's car I actually like.

That seems to be the mood for 2021. Most see the season as sort of a "learn and throw away" kind of year. Visually, the cars might as well reflect that, I guess.

You might have a point. It's as if the regulations involving carrying 2020 stuff over to this season is also affecting the liveries. It's as if most of them, so far, have this sort of "why bother?" mentality. The only ones that actually look different so far are Alpine for obvious reasons, Haas because the new "sponsor" said so, and Williams' unfinished cruise liner here. Everyone else either just made one or two color adjustments here and there, or just didn't do anything. Ferrari is the last one we're waiting on but given their priorities, I highly doubt they're going for big cosmetic changes. I hope they leave the number font alone, though. it's the one thing about last season's car I actually like.

That seems to be the mood for 2021. Most see the season as sort of a "learn and throw away" kind of year. Visually, the cars might as well reflect that, I guess.
A lot of people are complaining - especially on YT for instance about Haas not 'bothering' with this year. What do people expect? There's a new formula coming next year. I just hope there's less focus on the aero we can see so the cars can be more fully painted as they were in the past. I wish they were ditching the turbos too, but alas it is what they've decided.

Haas has done squat to build an American support base. Most of their brand-awareness comes from Americans watching Drive to Survive and saying "that profane German Italian is hilarious." "America's F1 team" will be the one that invests in developing American drivers. When a promising American junior like Logan Sargent has to give it up, there's a problem.

Where is this thread going?
Weren't lots of folks saying to "keep politics out of sport" when LH started talking about Breonna Taylor?
The reaction to this Russian-themed livery and the team's American beginnings really seem to have struck a nerve for some.
Relax folks!...this is just motorsport and a car livery.
While it is okay to see the irony...don't go making a bigger deal about it than it needs to be.
Mercedes is a German team based in the UK and with a British and Finnish driver.
Nobody is mad about that.

Sure Terry... that's another way to look at it. :rolleyes:

However Mercedes doesn't have a banned Russian flag all (literally) over it's livery.
Truth be told... some find their this year livery should be banned too.
But for totally different reasons. :)

Last edited:
Why does 'everything' Russian trigger Americans so much?
We need to get past this hatred of everybody in the World.
We are not 'boy scouts' and this is not healthy.
I'll get back on topic...
What do you guys think of the car other than the colors?

goddamn forget all of this I think we just got a new hot topic
would you look at the latest Ferrari please

ferrari-sf21-1.jpg

that 50 shades cyan green on ferrari red really hurt the eye doesn't it ? :alien:
this should be banned too :giggle:

:)

Last edited:
This is what I woke up to this morning. Literally minutes after this gets unveiled. And this is what I see...

In the past we've had usually only one shade of rosso (red) being used on the car at a time. This time, we have at least two, maybe three? I see most of it being the same old red from the last few years (Scuderia), the burgandy from the 1000 special livery with matching numbers (Mugello or Fiorano) in the back, and maybe bits of a third slightly darker shade (Corsa, maybe?) towards the front. The lighting on some of the pictures may not be the best. But the way it transitions from one to the other may not be all that bad. While I may miss the 80's style number font they used last season, this vintage hand-written one may work.

Then there's the green Mission Winnow logo. I suppose we should be thankful it's some shade of Italian green and not the typical neon puke green nowadays associated with eco-friendly companies. But I can also see where people may have problems with it. Guess the Italian green was at the Scuderia's insistence, and not Phillip Morris' if so.

Overall, I get what Binotto said in the video about them invoking the Scuderia's earliest days. Might as well, since they're trying to boost as much morale as they can there and among the Tifosi.

Definitely one of the better liveries this season. And I'm not just saying this as a part-time member of the Tifosi. This team at least tried hard to change their look. How many others did this year?

Corvette Racing's return to the Le Mans 24 Hours has been confirmed with the publication of a capacity 62-car entry for this year's rescheduled race in August

also....
Ryan Briscoe will be one of the drivers of a two car team

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years